Diving in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fuzzbutt

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello All,

I'm new to this forum so if I'm in the wrong spot please point me where I should go.

My fiance and I will be going on a cruise that stops in Bonaire for our honeymoon. We want to dive there but I didn't know if anyone had some experiences with dive shops there or dive locations there that they'd be willing to share with me to make an educated decision.

We're going in late April if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Search the board here as there are many such requests! It is smart to contact them via email or web site and pre-arrange your plans!

We just returned from Bonaire 24 Jan. Your cruise ship will dock about 100 yards from the Divi Resort. Walk off the dock, take a right and you'll see the dive shop as soon as you enter the resort. There's a decent shore dive right off their pier. We saw more fish and critters to the south and above 35 ft. They have morning and afternoon boat dives also.

I'll second Bart and Wannadive - they are an awesome bunch.

Do check the trip reports on this board - there are many for Bonaire.

[There is a forum, called ABC under the Lesser Antillies here on ScubaBoard, that is devoted to discussions on Bonaire, Aruba, and Curacao. You will get lots of info there.

Enjoy Bonaire. Our favotite dive destination

I'd third Bart at Wannadive but Its going to be a lot more crowded than a typical bonaire dive experience. actually you might want to contact Bas an do a guided shore dive--would be less crowded. bas.noij@gmail.com
both are top notch, contact them and see what they offer you.

Thanks for all the input, I'll definitely check those out. I'll also check the other forum. Appreciate the help!

I'd third Bart at Wannadive but Its going to be a lot more crowded than a typical bonaire dive experience. actually you might want to contact Bas an do a guided shore dive--would be less crowded. bas.noij@gmail.com

I will 4th that, my first time i dove with Bart and Wannadive, great operation, classy people, very fun, and laid back. There motto" Take as many tank as the truck can fit, and dive your brains out.' All of there instructors are top notch to:cool2::crafty:

Bas is discussed a lot on Bonaire Talk webforum and while I didn't dive with him while I was in Bonaire from all the discussion he seems to be a really great guy and his night UV dive sounds amazing. He has a website now:

Dive like a VIP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom