Cave diving discussion - Split from Curious Question thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does it bother you? Then don't do it this way, I myself have never blinded my buddy or had a problem! I dive most of my dives out of caves so my gear reflects that! The fact that I can operate in other environments with perfect buoyancy without hitting my yokes hard enough to hurt them is a testimonial to my ability! I have been in some pretty tight spots and it has never been an issue, but I don't panic! BTW it might dislodge my first stage but never my regulator!

Does it bother you? Then don't do it this way, I myself have never blinded my buddy or had a problem! I dive most of my dives out of caves so my gear reflects that! The fact that I can operate in other environments with perfect buoyancy without hitting my yokes hard enough to hurt them is a testimonial to my ability! I have been in some pretty tight spots and it has never been an issue, but I don't panic! BTW it might dislodge my first stage but never my regulator!

Why use suboptimal gear in a cave environment? In any environment DIN would be the better option (if traveling and renting yoke tanks, use a din to yoke adapter).

This makes no sense, your first stage is part of your regulator...

Also, just because you haven't had a problem doesn't mean it's a good idea.

............................................______ __
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:"........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../ ---O - M - G
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

Last edited:
Trudging through the swamp with twin 108s on my back and climbing into the springs!
820_DSC00120_on_the_tail_gate_LVF.jpg
Dude, you're in the parking lot of a state park, with urinals nearby and a 5 minute drive from food and lodging.

I guess you went to Little River too, while you were here terrorizing the caves (judging by that god awful video of "training" you posted, with snorkeling fins and divers so unaware of their surroundings that an OOA drill takes almost a full minute), but I wouldn't call that "the swamp" seeing as how it's cemented all around and has stairs.

Dude, you're in the parking lot of a state park, with urinals nearby and a 5 minute drive from food and lodging.

I guess you went to Little River too, while you were here terrorizing the caves (judging by that god awful video of "training" you posted, with snorkeling fins and divers so unaware of their surroundings that an OOA drill takes almost a full minute), but I wouldn't call that "the swamp" seeing as how it's cemented all around and has stairs.

Jeez James!! I am disappointed in you. Haven't you learned yet that we all went to further places and did bigger things on the boards than in reality? How long have you been online, a week? Your inexperience is blatantly obvious. :)

Jeez James!! I am disappointed in you. Haven't you learned yet that we all went to further places and did bigger things on the boards than in reality? How long have you been online, a week? Your inexperience is blatantly obvious. :)
Good point Freddy. I knew better, but things are a bit slow at work, so I hit the submit button against my better judgement :wink:

Sorry dude, didn't realize you where the god of caves!!! Well I won't ask for your forgiveness because I don't need it! :dork2::mooner: Like when you become as good as the guy in the background then say something constructive! Otherwise I don't give a crap what you're opinion is, and as far as the video, well lets see yours! :shakehead: You seem to me to be a WANNA BEE! Good luck with that!

Sorry dude, didn't realize you where the god of caves!!! Well I won't ask for your forgiveness because I don't need it! :dork2::mooner: Like when you become as good as the guy in the background then say something constructive! Otherwise I don't give a crap what you're opinion is, and as far as the video, well lets see yours! :shakehead: You seem to me to be a WANNA BEE! Good luck with that!

Claiming to be a god, and claiming to actually pay attention (which these divers don't) are two different things.
SCUBA Locker Cave Diving Episode on Vimeo

And let's not forget about when you went to mexico and terrorized those caves. That was great, but the evidence (thread with pics) was deleted.

And I post a video here and there on FB to friends, but don't really see the need to ***** them out online. If you'd like to see a recent, here you go-
http://www.facebook.com/v/581324361175

James, your rude, out of line, none constructive, and very ignorant! But your sadly a good example of a "Cave Snob" you don't know one tenth of what your talking about! When you do National Geo let me know, otherwise I am putting you on my ignore list. please do the same for me! I looked and you have the guts to put my video down! I like all the motion and adjustment noise in Gennie Springs WOW! LOL All that pushing off the wall with the hands! LOL you are a cave god! Lmaorotf! But thanks now I have seen bad video! Can you say BORING????

Papabear, unfortunately, you don't know what all you don't know.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom