How many cave divers are here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

been diving since 11/04 NACD cave certified 1/09 and have probably done 75ish cave dives since then. I mostly dive sidemount but I'll occasionally dust off the backmount gear, and I have started CCR training.

I started diving in 2001 and completed 100 OW/cavern dives before I got my NAUI cave 1 cert in 2006. In 2008, I took GUE Cave 2. Since then, I have been in the ocean 3 times. I stopped logging cave dives for a few years, so I don't really know how many I have. As of this week, I have been in 32 different caves.

I stage dive and scooter, backmount only, DIR configuration.

Just for the sake of curiosity how many certified cave divers are here?

What year certified as a cave diver, how long certified as an O/W diver before you completed cave training, by what agency, how many cave dives logged, how many different caves have you been in, and what configuration you primarily dive caves in?

Are you stage cave certified, DPV cave certified, sidemount certified?

OW certified in 1980. GUE Cave 1 in 2005. Cave 2 in 2006. I think I have just over 100 cave dives all OC backmount (obviously). I only have been in Mexican caves, at the moment no real desire to go to Florida although I'm kicking around the idea of taking an RB cave course from Jill Heinerth.

As well as starting to dive the very cold, very silty, very remote sumps up on Vancouver Island. So I should have maybe 2 dozen cave or flooded mine dives in 2010.

We should talk. I've been talking to John Pollack who did some of the original exploration up there back in the 80's. We want to start doing some exploration in the Reappearing River area this August/Sept.

I completed OW and AOW certification in 1985, started deco diving in 1987 and got into what would be considered actual technical diving in the mid 1990's. I was pretty bad about logging dives in the pre-computer era, but averaged about 100-130 in the years when I logged them consistently and probably had around 2000 recreational, techical and inland commercial dives before taking cave training. The extensive no viz commerical experience really helped in the cave classes.

I transitioned to cave diving with Cavern and Intro courses in January 08 to expand and refine my wreck diving skills, and completed about 40 or so cave dives between Intro and Cave in January 2009. Since then I have done another 40 or 50 post-full cave dives.

I have been scootering in OW for about 3 years but have not yet felt the need to take it in the cave environment yet.

We should talk. I've been talking to John Pollack who did some of the original exploration up there back in the 80's. We want to start doing some exploration in the Reappearing River area this August/Sept.

shooting you an email now...

wow actual diving organized thru SB, whoda thunk :wink:

Completed OW in 4/2000. Pretty much dived on a regular basis while progressing through the "standard" OW certs. In April 04, started overhead environment with Cavern cert, then progressed to Into to Cave November 04 through NACD.

At that time, taking time off work to go dive/train was the hard part. Now, taking time off isn't the problem--it's paying for it! So, if anyone wants to contribute to the fund, AIDFC, I'll go ahead and accept your generous gift with a :D

As far as config's went to doubles pretty quick--got a deal on OMS 120's. Thought that was great at the time, until I started training with them....
Rest of the gear is pretty standard setup. SS backplate, DR regs, 21w frankenlight, jets, Whites drysuit.

Have a Nomad sidemount setup that I'm currently diving so I dont have to put those 120's on by back anymore...until I finish my full cave that is.

Have dove the "standard" Fl caves so far.

The memory is starting to go, but something like:

OW, 2003
Cave 1, 2007
Cave 2, 2009

~46 Cave 1 dives between Cave1 and Cave2 (which maxes out the MX cave1 cave pretty well). No cave DPV cert (but I dive scooters in OW). So far only MX cave trips. ~400 dives before Cave 2, diving BP/W+long hose since right after OW, ~100 dives before diving doubles.

Hmm, Ok.

OW 1993
Cavern 2001 (I think)
GUE Cave1 2005
GUE Cave2 2007 (Which reminds me, I've got to renew soon :) )

J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom