O-Ring lube, a new Tribolube container idea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I saw this improvement at the OWU Dive Show. Smart way to re-seal an open tube... and it's sealed tight~ no leaks.

IMG_6297.jpg

A good product made even better.

I use a standard screw cap contact lens case. Put one lube in the left eye side, a different lube on the right eye side. Works great, never spills, keeps things clean and organized.
Bill

Thanks Doc,
We want to continue to bring new products and better packaging to the scuba industry. Here is some information on Tribolube 71, and some thoughts straight from divers.

TRIBOLUBE® 71 Grease is 100% oxygen compatible, and qualified to MIL-PRF-275617 Types I, II, and III. Testing data is available for heat of combustion (HOC), Autogenous ignition testing (AIT), and pneumatic impact testing preformed by NASA WSTF, WPAFB, and BAM in Germany. TRIBOLUBE® 71 is consistently the oxygen grease divers trust over their old grease. TRIBOLUBE® 71 is excellent for and is recommended in static and dynamic applications. TRIBOLUBE® 71 has a wide temperature operating range and has no problem working in -100°F to 550°F. Technicians’ report seeing something unique about a regulator lubricated with TRIBOLUBE® 71. “During our annual maintenance I was surprised, the grease didn’t dry out, leave a cookie dough residue, or white scale behind.” One surprised Tech told us “I started the annual maintenance and had to cross check the regulators serial number in the servicing log. The equipment had been in service for a whole year, but it looked like the TRIBOLUBE® 71 had just been applied!” “I’ve never seen anything like it! I’m a customer for life, and wouldn’t use anything else!” The grease was used to lubricate critical areas of a rebreather prior to an arctic dive. The air temperature was around -30 degrees F and the water was very close to -2 degrees F. “The oxygen grease I used before would gel and thicken up in these conditions. We commonly saw the DSV freeze up with the other grease, which would stick the DSV open sometimes. This made it physically was impossible to rotate, but in every test TRIBOLUBE® 71 performed as if it were at room temperature. When we lubricated the DSV with TRIBOLUBE® 71 the movement was smooth and easy even at -2 degrees F.!” “I contacted Aerospace Lubricants, Inc. to inquire about being a distributor, because I won’t ever use anything else in my gear!”

I saw this improvement at the OWU Dive Show. Smart way to re-seal an open tube... and it's sealed tight~ no leaks.

IMG_6297.jpg

A good product made even better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom