XXXL bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used an Aeris Atmos XT until I got the BP/W. They seem to run rather large, and I'm bigger than this dude. (although shorter)

I'm 6'6" and about 350. I picked up a Scubapro XXL Knighthawk. It works amazingly well. It works across my chest, and the standard cumberbund also makes it around. They do sell larger cumberbunds and expansion straps for the chest if needed.

If he's looking for wetsuits, I went with Akona. They offer larger sized ones as standard order, and I went with a Whites Drysuit, as their fusions are amazingly roomy. I didn't think I'd be able to order an off the rack wet or drysuit, but I did.

Good luck :)

I'd recommend a BP/W. He will love the infinite adjustibility. DSS makes good stuff, as do Golem Gear, HOG, Oxycheq and a host of others.

I 2nd or 3rd or 4th or whatever the BP/W suggestion. It will handle all your diving needs and webbing length is unlimited. Doesn't matter if a guy has a 100 inch waist, and a 200 inch chest, webbing will go around it.

I am a big guy and frequently dive with a dry suit. I have also tried several different BCDs. I have a Riptide Zone II XXL. It would certainly fit and has plenty of lift. It's flaw is that it is weight integrated and is fine for Carribean diving but I found the integrated system is problematic for dry suits. I hate belts so I shifted to a weight harness. Then I did not need such a large BC.

The only logical choice would be a Backplate and wing, you know it will fit regardless and you will aslo be doing your student a favour because he will never outgrow his rig:D

take a look at a Seasoft Pro, lots of adjustment in all areas of the BC. I called them before I bought mine and I ended up talking to the president of the company. Great customer service and a great product.

SeaSoft Scuba Products

Back
Top Bottom