Advice on diving in SoCal in late Feb.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John, isn't 7 Fathoms Reef on the backside of Anacapa? I could swear I was there on either Peace or Raptor recently...it sounds familiar...
@Leejnd: I think John is talking about the 7 Fathoms site located in the Point Loma Kelp beds. The Lois Ann website gives a brief description of the site.

You're correct, though, there is a 7 Fathom Reef off of Anacapa Island. :D

I was talking about the one in SD & I've never heard of the one at Anacapa. Next time I'm on the Spectre I'll have to ask Capt. Ted about that. Also it's only boat accessible.

John

Wow I did not expect to open up a can of worms when starting this thread. Having said that, thanks for all the great tips!

I've decided to go to Catalina most likely on the 19th or 20th. and also
do one day of diving in San Diego on the 24th.

I would love to do a nice wreck dice in the San Diego area, but most of them seem to be way too deep or to technical for my experience level. Must be suitable for AOW with some wreck experience. Anyone have any suggestions.

We'll be at Catalina on Saturday... along with a few hundred of my closest dive buddys.

Steve.

Hey Guys and Girls,

I wanted to thank you all for giving me some good tips. I ended up doing four dives on my trip. Two in Catalina dive park and two at Lajolla shore (the cove was unfortunatly closed due to bad surface conditions).

I can reccomend the OEX shop in Lajolla who took great care of me since I didnät have a dive budy. In Catalina I hooked up with some people who were getting their airfills whn I rented my equipment. Gotta love divers, very friendly and always up to help out a fellow lonely diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom