5th Annual Michael J. Norwood Memorial Event Benefiting DAN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nema@Olympus

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Join John Chatterton May 14th-16th for the 5th Annual Michael J. Norwood Event. All proceeds from the weekend will be donated to DAN's Michael J. Norwood Memorial Research Fund. Michael was an avid diver and worked as the co-host of Deep Sea Detectives on the History Channel when he met an early death filming for the show. The fund established in his memory now serves to support research initiatives into diving accidents. For more information about the event and the Michael Norwood fund, please visit our website. The event is a fun filled weekend which includes 3 full days of diving, a dinner on Friday evening at The History Place catered by Floyd’s 1921 and a presentation by John Chatterton, along with a silent auction that evening. There will also be a BBQ on our docks after the dives on Saturday which will basically be a big party on our docks. Representatives from Scuba Pro will be on hand for the entire weekend and will have equipment with them for our guests to do dive demo’s with. Schedule of events and pricing is as follow, for complete details see our website.

May 14th - Full day Charters with John Chatterton $155
May 14th Evening – Dinner and Auction with a presentation by John Chatterton and Scuba Pro $70
May 15th - Full day Charters with John Chatterton $155
May 15th – BBQ on our docks $20
May 16th- Full Day Charters with John Chatterton $155

In the past 4 events, Olympus Dive Center has raised over $30,000 for this fund. We would like to thank each person who has helped us in the effort and ask everyone for their support this year.

For more information or to book, please email Nema Triplett, Charter Manager and Event Cooordinator at nema@olympusdiving.com or give me a call at 252-726-9432.

thanks, nema!

i was at the first annual, everyone, and even then it was well run & fun. i bought a brand new nitek plus for $180 in the silent auction, so deals were to be had. please consider it if you're here in may.

Hi Nema,
Will these be technical charters or are they open those diving within rec limits?
I am definitely interested.

Cheers,
Lilla

Hi Nema,
Will these be technical charters or are they open those diving within rec limits?
I am definitely interested.

Cheers,
Lilla

Hi Lilla, thank you for your interest in attending this event! The divign will be our standard Full Day Charter to depths 90-120 feet with no decompression.

For more information, please give me a call at 252-726-9432!

Cheers,
Nema

thanks, nema!

i was at the first annual, everyone, and even then it was well run & fun. i bought a brand new nitek plus for $180 in the silent auction, so deals were to be had. please consider it if you're here in may.

You are correct, we typically do have some pretty sweet items in our silent auction. In recent years, John Chatterton has even donated some items that he recovered from some very famous shipwrecks. Various equipment manufacturers send us stuff to auction off as well and people are typically pretty impressed with the dels they get.

YAY!

We'd love to have your group join us! I'll respond back to your email when I get to the shop tomrrow morning. I had typed a lengthy response just before I closed up for the day and got wrapped up in a phone call and deleted it before I realized...a sure sign it was time to call it a day.

Nema - put me on the list :D. Apparently - I have been told I'm going :wink:

What are water temps like this week? Trying to decide what to pack for Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom