How was the Dive Show for those who could not go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DatSRBoi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Can anyone talk about how the Dive show went? I was unable to go last minute. Any pictures or anything? I can not believe I miss it but Family comes first.

"How was the Dive Show for those who could not go?" ????

I have no clue as I choose not to go!! LOL

:wink:

Well I went, first dive show I've been to so hard for me to really say how good it was as I have nothing to compare it to.

First, sorry Pete, but I didn't see a ScubaBoard booth at all and I was looking for it. I just checked now that I got home and I know where it was supposed to be now but it was not there.

Lots of travel stuff, which I expected. Some had what looked like some good deals. Didn't go to any of the workshop stuff so can't comment on that. Nearly all the photo workshop stuff was canceled because others had a hard time getting into DFW too.

Saw a lot of people from the local shops that I know up there, local shops were well represented. ScubaToys was probably one of the busier booths there and had lots of stuff for sale, way more than anyone else did. SDI/TDI was there, so was a rebreather company, whites, an uw photo company, and a few others. Seemed to be something for everyone there.

Thanks for the heads up! Did you have fun?

What a shame you didn't go! Did you want us to agree??? :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I don't care one bit if you agree or not, many of these so called Scuba Shows are really travel agencies promoting trips.....I am just not interested in that. For those that went I hope they came away with what they were looking for. :)

I don't care one bit if you agree or not, many of these so called Scuba Shows are really travel agencies promoting trips.....I am just not interested in that. For those that went I hope they came away with what they were looking for. :)
Easy Killer... just a harmless play on your words. This show is not run by a travel agency, though they allow them to participate. As was pointed out, there were dive agencies, shops and manufacturers there as well.

WOOT WOOT I just got power back to the house. I really wish I could go EVEN if there are more travel agency then other stuff. I see it as an opportunity to see what is out there.

I went today and was disappointed not to see a SB booth set up. There were mainly resort/travel ops but not enough gear demos/exhihibits. Got to talk to alot of people though and heard interesting information. Overall I enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom