Miami diver bitten by bull shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Give them some credit at least they didn't report the divers using oxygen tanks.:rofl3:
True dat!
Note to self: Buy lots of "Wife eaten by shark while snorkeling in Key Largo" insurance. When we get to Key Largo, sign wife up for snorkeling.:D
:rofl3::rofl3:
Where does one purchase such insurance? I might need a policy also.
I'll send you both my info and my PayPal account. :rofl3:

Sh sh SH SHHH SHARK!! Ding Ding Ding.. sell all your gear for cheap!! QUICK
Aha, so that's why the newbie in the Keys is trying to scare all of the tourists away, he's trying to buy cheap used gear! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I have placed a call to Sally Fitz and Rick Sanchez for the real story.
They have never steered me wrong.
Those two were real jounalists.

Oops......
Was that sarcasm?

Chug
Has nothing nice to say about miami guys shooting 'cudas.

...This isn't the time for a verbal autopsy of the event without all the facts...And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock.

Sorry, couldn't resist....lol

I agree maybe he did not see, or know the presence of the bull shark. If we were not there seeing or not seeing what was there why pretend to know or predict what could have happened.

So. . I'm assuming that NBC Miami has outsourced its reporting to the National Enquirer, I wonder why they cut out the rest of the quote from the person who witnessed the shark fly out of the water at the marina where someone was spearfishing (I wasn't aware it was a common practice to dive and/or freedive in marinas . . aren't there a lot of boats there?) " . . And if it wasn't for batboy and MJ back from the dead getting there in the nick of time he definitely wouldn't have made it out alive"

So I talked to a business contact in Riviera Beach yesterday and got what sounds like a bit more accurate details on this account. My new understanding is that the gentleman who was bitten was not in fact a diver, but rather fishing from the shore. . . he hooked a shark and then decided it may be easier to handle if he were to get in the water with it. Would love to see an accurate account to see if this is right, if so I think we're back to talking about Darwin Awards. . .

Ofcourse its stupid to shoot a cuda with a bull shark near but I doubt he knew considering he was holding the fish by the gills bleeding at the top of the water.
And what is it with so many people thinking you cant eat barracuda. I have had multiple people ask me why I shoot barracudas. CAUSE THEY ARE SUPER TASTY AND UNDER 15 POUNDS ALL DAY EVERYDAY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom