Conflicted: Online v LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be sure to let you know.

I think I will wait until after my ticket and then have another chat with them about gear and raise it then. I know I would like to have a good relationship with my LDS as I would continue to spend money there on items and equipment service, fills, dive bookings etc.

Good to hear that great customer service still exists even through online stores.

G'day Rob
Just reading this really long thread WOW....

Anyway if you would like to buy your gear in Australia with local lifetime warranties, local service and support feel free to drop me an Email.

Our policy is We will always pricematch any O/S store with our products,
We will deliver your gear faster and are only ever a phone call away should you need any support on your gear.
We are also happy to overnight spare and replacement parts should you ever run into trouble with your kit.

DiveTub Home page @ the Dive Tub

Enjoy your course and be in touch anytime if you would like a personal quote on a custom built package for your diving.

Cheers
Chriso

It's really a personal preference..... I have bought things in both places.

However, you are new to the hobby and you may need help picking items that are right for you. There are two ways to get it right, ask someone who knows, or buy it a second time when you make a mistake the first time.

If money is an issue, buy it used and have it serviced at your LDS. A good LDS understands not everyone has a money tree and good gear will be fine used. My LDS is just as happy to service my used gear. Be honest with your LDS and if you don't like the answer, find another one.

At any rate, wait til you have some experience and talk to other divers. Rental gear is fine and there is nothing wrong with rental gear. Your own gear is better and you will dive more... but it costs alot more to buy and maintain.

I gave my LDS a chance to price match or at least come close and they weren't interested at all.......

While I would not expect a total price match I do at least expect them to make an effort.

This is a new modern world and the advent of the internet has made it much smaller so LDS's need to adapt or loose custom.

I ordered from LeisurePro at 9am on a Tuesday and it was all delivered on the Friday lunchtime.

I reckon that is excellent service from New York to Brisvegas, Australia!!

Everything I ordered, right first time and helpful when I rang to clarify something that Tuesday morning - couldn't ask for more really!

I will order from them again for sure but have been checking out Divetub and will most likely give them a call before next major purchase to see if I can do business here.

Last edited:
BB1, thanks for the love. We appreciate your support.

To SB, you don't have to live way "down under" to take advantage of LP's great service!

Enjoy!

Adam

BB1, thanks for the love. We appreciate your support.

To SB, you don't have to live way "down under" to take advantage of LP's great service!

Enjoy!

Adam

Adam,
I have been a LP supporter since the early days.

I have noticed that your stock of Aqualung items has become fewer and fewer. For example the AL Legend LX has been out of stock for some time, and the Titan LX ACD has NEVER been listed, even though it has been on the market for more than a year.

Are you phasing out Aqualung?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom