Extreme Cave Diving on PBS 2/8 at 8pm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caveins! whaaaaaaaaaaat. No thanks.
Very cool show though!

Were some of those semi closed rebreathers?? I thought there might have been one...

That wasn't a cave-in. Even Skiles, who filmed it, said he was unaware of any cave-ins :) It looked to me like some heavy percolation from diving in an infrequently used passage.

Yay! Saw the video from the link you had, Carrie. Thank you, it was Very cool!:cool2: I'm going to have to show it to my parents, so that maybe they might at least understand a little why I am getting into cave diving. Even though they'll still think I'm nuts:D. Those caves are absolutely beautifiul!

Yay! Saw the video from the link you had, Carrie. Thank you, it was Very cool!:cool2: I'm going to have to show it to my parents, so that maybe they might at least understand a little why I am getting into cave diving. Even though they'll still think I'm nuts:D. Those caves are absolutely beautifiul!

My family already thinks I'm nuts. I'm not sure I want my mom to see a video that talks about how dangerous cave diving is. I'll just show her videos from youtube.

Cool show but I am sorry that I watched it with Becky. I am now forbidden to learn cave diving

My family already thinks I'm nuts. I'm not sure I want my mom to see a video that talks about how dangerous cave diving is. I'll just show her videos from youtube.

It does show the dangers, but also explains how those dangers are delt with by those trained to do it. My dad would understand more since he is now a diver. The beauty of those caves looks like they rival those that I've seen in videos of the cenotes.

I want to go back. Those holes are everywhere over there. I was in Rock Sound, Eleuthra for some time years ago. (check out Ocean Hole) There were holes all around in the sound, whirlpools on them when the tide would run off the banks. Most of them smallish 10 -20 ' openings going down..... I didn't have any scuba with me, but I did a LOT of freediving on them. The Bahamas are an oft overlooked fantastic area to dive, especially on the ocean side of the outside islands.

That wasn't a cave-in. Even Skiles, who filmed it, said he was unaware of any cave-ins :) It looked to me like some heavy percolation from diving in an infrequently used passage.

Hahaha i dont care if that was a proper cave-in.....that was enough of a cave-in for me to say "Oh sh*t" lol :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom