Live in S. Fl? Why don't you move? The pros and cons...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And while we are not talking about the subject...
Those Native American Indian type people had a lot of cojones living on our land until we got here.
(Removing tongue from embedment in cheek)

Chug
Was told he is 16th Cherokee, like most other native born Americans from south of the Mason-Dixon Line

And lest we forget, the native Americans were not native at all. They came from Asia across the Bering Strait ice bridge. :eyebrow:

I was thinking about posting a topic very similar to this one last night. My wife and I are in the same boat (literally) as Rick. Our time frame is within a year, once we get our daughter into college and on her own. We want to move someplace warm with great diving and have planned on purchasing a sailboat to live and travel on.

We have taken a couple of trips to south florida this last year and after 4 months of cabin fever/cold weather, we are both wanting to move now, more than ever. I moved to the east coast 2 yrs ago from Northern California but have lived in places like Phoenix, Tucson and Albuquerque where I had nice weather almost year round. I crave heat and hate the cold. Southern Florida is looking more and more favorable each passing day.:D

Thank you for the indepth information on the area. It's pretty much how we saw it on our trips there.:cool2:

I was thinking about posting a topic very similar to this one last night. My wife and I are in the same boat (literally) as Rick. Our time frame is within a year, once we get our daughter into college and on her own. We want to move someplace warm with great diving and have planned on purchasing a sailboat to live and travel on.

We have taken a couple of trips to south florida this last year and after 4 months of cabin fever/cold weather, we are both wanting to move now, more than ever. I moved to the east coast 2 yrs ago from Northern California but have lived in places like Phoenix, Tucson and Albuquerque where I had nice weather almost year round. I crave heat and hate the cold. Southern Florida is looking more and more favorable each passing day.:D

Thank you for the indepth information on the area. It's pretty much how we saw it on our trips there.:cool2:

My wife and I are doing the same, last child off to college next year. We are looking at property in Tampa area though. The west coast of Florida is more to our liking.. and our daughter will be at the University of Tampa

Dont fall for it! The travel brochures are a front! Stay away! There are alligators, HUGE snakes, & sink holes that'll swallow you WHOLE! Hurricanes, blistering heat, swarms of white flies, and cock roaches the size of small cars....and they fly....AT YOU! The sharks DO bite! And the boaters seem to intentionally run you over.

Beware....stay away!

A native :D

Dont fall for it! The travel brochures are a front! Stay away! There are alligators, HUGE snakes, & sink holes that'll swallow you WHOLE! Hurricanes, blistering heat, swarms of white flies, and cock roaches the size of small cars....and they fly....AT YOU! The sharks DO bite! And the boaters seem to intentionally run you over.

Beware....stay away!

Well, gee...then I guess YOU will be moving outta there right away. :wink:

So, Sage, my buddy! When we diving again? I miss ya, man!

Beware....stay away!

Hey Brother.

Have not heard from you in a while! Glad to see you are not dead. :D

I'm Tim from the Boynton dive with Roger and Rafael a few years ago (Jupiter divers). (And of course Kevin before he had his own op.)

FWIW, I DID rig a pony like yours. But a 13 instead of a 19. I do appreciate the help.

(you have no fickin' idea who I am do you?)

LOL.

You were solo on the Castor, we buddied with you on the reef.

Tim

So, Sage, my buddy! When we diving again? I miss ya, man!

XOXOXOXO!!!!

Soon. The back has made tremendous progress. Never elected for the surgery. Been biking and snorkeling. I've been bench pressing, and I plan to sneak up on Kev real soon.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom