Best Value Trip from Colorado?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JazeeJ

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Got some buddies in Colorado that want me to arrange a trip for them. Experienced divers. They don't want to spend a lot of money. They've already been to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Bonair, and Aruba. Last year we went to Fiji and loved the diving and low cost but hated the travel time. They said the Grand Cayman trip was their favorite so far, but would prefer to visit one of the other Cayman islands.

Any suggestions on a specific destination (island/resort) or at least a website that has the best 'deals' going for dive trips. Actually the Fiji trip was the only all inclusive dive trip we've been on, usually I book airfare, hotel, and diving separately. I would except there should be some great deals in this economy? We did Maui also one year, but the diving was pretty mediocre (poor visibility.)

I would assume Mexico is still the best value. I think they want one non-Mexico option to consider. So main criteria are:

Short and relatively cheap air flight (I'm thinking Mexico & Carribean are the only ones that fit the bill - max one stop on the way from Denver)

Good value (decent accomodations for not too expensive, maybe what $100-$200 max a night double occupancy)

Decent diving and decent beaches (they're beach bums when not diving.)

No Montezuma revenge issues (drinkable water)

Best deal - Roatan, for the dive animal. :D
Welcome to CoCo View Resort they have excellent videos on their website!

unlimited diving (shore open 24/7) and 4 boat dives per day, all meals, rooms are all oceanfront. No real beach but not alot of time to use one! You can lay in hammock if you want but most people dive dive dive! No real nightlife except the nightly entertainment in Clubhouse after dinner. Many people just go grab a tank after dinner and night dive! :D There is a bar in Clubhouse and those not diving at night will be found there. No tv, no phones, no kids. It is a dive resort for divers!!!

check out our photos: CoCoView Resort Photos & Videos

As far as cheap airfare, look at Continental through Houston to Roatan direct. Very easy and not too expensive. The resort picks you up at airport and takes you to your waterfront home for a week, then at end of week takes you back to airport. The dive staff and boats and gear storage areas are the best we have EVER had anywhere we have been.

the resort is small, only 26 rooms total, so it books up way ahead of time. Many weeks are booked full a year in advance. If you can't get in at CoCoView, look at Fantasy Island next door. They have a beach, only 3 boat dives per day, more relaxed family type atmosphere with kids allowed. Price is also a bit cheaper, too.

Dollar for dollar, Roatan is our favorite destinations!!!

robin

I would agree with Robin, Roatan is a good option. The Bahamas is usually a good value as well. The diving offers good reefs, wrecks, caverns and large pelagics. The dive conditions are usually good and the beaches are excellent. Topside the Bahamas aren't my favorite, but you can find good food and nice places to stay. I have been to Grand Bahamas and Abaco and would recommend both.

Since you have not been to Roatan I would third that recommendation.

COCO View is a good choice for the person who wants to dive. Not someone who goes on vacation and just does a few dives.

In general Cozumel will always be one of the least expensive locations.

It just depends on how much you want to "Spread your wings" so to speak.

My daughter and I are doing Saba this summer. We have never been there!

Back
Top Bottom