Diving Couples Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave is fairly accurate in his account of our beginnings :kiss2: Dave was the guy who everyone hung out with after work. A large group of friends used to go to his house and hang out watching "Mary Hartman Mary Hartman", we are still friends with those folks and it was there that our romance kindled. It didn't take long for me to decide to break up with the pit crew guy and recognize the car builder as the love of my life. Interesting fact... the pit crew guy, he still works for Dave, :rofl3:! Once we started dating, we were engaged six weeks later and married 5 months after that. From the time we met to when we were wed was 11 months. When you know its right, you know its right! I can't imagine my life without him and feel truly blessed to have him in it.:kiss2:

Thanks for sharing, Marian. :hugs:

:wink:
My diving couples story starts with "I met a man at a party who owned a diveboat"...during the time we were together I rekindled my passion for diving, went pro, and learned a heck of alot about the dive industry in FL and Central America. The story is summed up three years later with 4 words: "Great adventure, wrong man.". My adventure continues without him.

And I'm still hopeful that the adventure will include a fellow adventurer to share it with.

We miss you in California! We are having a Scubaboard meet and greet this weekend and we will wax our zippers in memory of you :rofl3:!

I do hope that you will find a new someone to share your adventure with!

Dave and Marian are AWESOME. I'm so happy to call them my friends and feel very priveledged to have gotten to dive with them a few times this year.

We are privileged to have been diving with you! I am glad to call you my friend, too! I hope your apartment has a guest room, we may have to come visit!

We are privileged to have been diving with you! I am glad to call you my friend, too! I hope your apartment has a guest room, we may have to come visit!

No matter how small or where it may be, mi casa es su casa, la casa de Teamcasa y su linda esposa. :)

Great thread... someone found it and sent me the link in a PM.. what a sweetie! Since he sent me the link I think it means I can post our story here.

Years ago I used to use ICQ to keep in touch with my son. I noticed someone whose profile said they enjoyed scuba diving. I had always been interested in diving so I asked a few questions. We chatted about diving and stuff for quiet a while, became friends and he sold me on diving. I came to visit my Aussie Sister in Victoria so I decided to fly via Sydney and take my dive course here.

The funniest thing was that when my son drove me to the airport to fly over he said "Mom remember what you told me when I went to Denmark (student exchange)?" ( I had told him he was not allowed to fall in love with a Danish girl unless she was willing to come to Canada)

I laughed .. fresh out of a bad 27 year Marriage. I told him "Ain't no way that is gonna happen.... the last thing I want in my life is another MAN!" Famous last words!

I took the dive course and fell in love with thefish. A few trips back and forth for both of us, 18months or so later I found myself in OZ married to the greatest guy.

We have been sharing our lives and our dives for over ten years now. I can't imagine life without diving and I enjoy diving most with my fish. Every dive I remember to say Thanksforallthefish and collect an underwater hug!

DSC_3833Small.jpg

Thanks to Almity1 for taking the picture. Almitywife is in the background of the shot. Diving the Severance Wreck, Lady Elliott Is Queensland Nov 09

Petunia - THAT is a great story! Thanks for sharing!

Petunia - THAT is a great story! Thanks for sharing!

Not a great story so much as a great life.. I can't believe I am so lucky!

:daydreaming: I am supposed to be talking to Aw.. I wonder if I can get her to post their story here? :D

Not a great story so much as a great life.. I can't believe I am so lucky!

:daydreaming: I am supposed to be talking to Aw.. I wonder if I can get her to post their story here? :D

Definitely, get as many SB couples as possible to post cause it such happy news and who doesn't want to hear happy news!!!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom