I have a dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but either way i have a answer, but i want the communitys opinion on this.

Recently i have gotten a wild hair and two big things have stood out to me in my life so far. Snorkling in hawaii and swimming with a sea turtle, and canopy flight skydiving.
I have decided to learn hang gliding, and im interested in scuba,
My Problem is this....

Im a Heart patient. :shakehead:
I am having my mom ask the cardiologist if i can or not, If i can, im going to get freediving certified, if i cant, well, heres the question to all of you....

Your cardiologist may not have a lot of information to base an opinion on with regards to your fitness to SCUBA dive. Many doctors have a knee-jerk "no" reaction simply because they don't want to the liability.

You might want to recommend that he contact Diver's Alert Network. They'll be happy to discuss the issues with him.

DAN Divers Alert Network : Contact DAN

You may or may not be disqualified from SCUBA diving, depending on what was done and how everything has healed.

Terry

I got a reply.

I CAN SCUBA!!!!!

WHOOT!!!!!!

Aneyone know a GOOD instructor in central coast? around santa barbera im thinking. wont be for another month or two, but id like to meet and greet.

Great news! Can I have your ROV?

I got a reply.

I CAN SCUBA!!!!!

WHOOT!!!!!!

Aneyone know a GOOD instructor in central coast? around santa barbera im thinking. wont be for another month or two, but id like to meet and greet.
Excellent!

the reason i might not be cleared medically is because i recently had heart surgery, and even before the surgery i was told there was low odds of me being able to due to the pressure in the depths.

Think of the fun, your diving with someone, then you hear a sickening crunch and theirs a impression in their chest and blood in the water. Fun!! (I was closed with metal wires, the idea is the wires slice through my chest when my chest collapses)

Any chance you'd let a bunch of your fellow ScubaBoard members go in on a Life Insurance policy on you?

It would be a really good way to make friends.

Just kidding!

Mostly

Great news! Can I have your ROV?

If your in cali, once im done making some prototypes for the full model ill let you have a small one??? or, if your in cali, we can dive together, and play with them if we find a nice wreck to explore after our air tanks r empty.

Any chance you'd let a bunch of your fellow ScubaBoard members go in on a Life Insurance policy on you?

It would be a really good way to make friends

I Lol'd at this, if its possible, i guess u can, but if as someone said that it pressurizes as you go down, i dont think youll get mutch of a return.

I Lol'd at this, if its possible, i guess u can, but if as someone said that it pressurizes as you go down, i dont think youll get mutch of a return.

Oh, no problem, the policy will be locked up in a safe in my office.

That's good news FD!
BTW, I'd have no problem diving with a ROV; it would be interesting I think.
My suggestion is to scan down the main directory here till you get to the regional sub forums. Pick the one that is closest to you and post into it there. Introduce yourself. In the western canada forum we have quite an active group who welcome new divers to join in on our rec dives. They would also be able to steer you int the right direction for a good instructor.
Good luck,
Dale.

If your in cali, once im done making some prototypes for the full model ill let you have a small one??? or, if your in cali, we can dive together, and play with them if we find a nice wreck to explore after our air tanks r empty.
Deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom