amer-sea b.c

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

warrior116

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just won a new tcb-25 b.c on e-bay doe's anybody have any information or experience with one of these? It looks like a great rescue b.c but I have never heard of them!

me neither, I had to "google" it to see what it looked like. Sorry

So how did it look to you? I already have a few minor changes in mind for it!

A guy on our team got two donated to the team a few years ago one black and one orange. I do not think they are still in business and their website is not active. www.amer-sea.com They were pretty well made of heavy duty cordura nylon. They only had one tank strap and it caused the tank to move around a lot. It was a vest style BCD which I am not a fan of. It also had a string operated shoulder dump which I was not a fan of. The orange vest faded real quickly too. Hope it works for you. Enjoy your purchase.

Mark D.

Attachments

• AMSBC.jpg
    AMSBC.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 113
It looks a lot like the LGS BCD.

If it is its OK. I still haven't found the perfect BCD for PSD - I don't think it exists but the LGS one is close. Good points
- functional pockets! very few BCDs have decent pockets that thick gloves can manipulate
- pony bottle pockets. Work very well if you don't have a bracket mount and/or may save you from needing a bracket - faster tank changes too
- it's a jacket type - which we like better for PSD, some don't (lots of debate on here about back vs jacket inflate - no need to re-hash that)
- simple design & build - common decent parts

Bad points
- the tank flops around a great deal
- the jacket wraps over the harness attachment point on smaller people

Hey thanks for the info guy's I got it the other day it look's good so far but I am going to make a few minor modifications.I got a pair of omega flip fins to try out for rescue I will let you know how it goes with them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom