hey RMO - where is ya'll diving this year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know we will all be hitting our favorite Blue Hole at least a few times, but other than that, what are your dive trip plans? Anybody going somewhere cool?

I think we are going to Morehead, NC wreck diving sometime between May and August, full week there diving with Olympus Dive Center or Discovery Diving Co., Inc. - North Carolina Wreck Diving in the Graveyard of the Atlantic or one of the others in that area. No definite dates yet, gotta wait for a few months to see what work schedule will allow for Ron. :D

Then we will most likely go out to California again for 2-3 days of diving again. :D

robin:D

I am heading to Valhalla this weekend so I can say been there, done that.

My better half was feeling guilty about traveling on my sons 18th birthday, some how I talked he into cutting loose with from FF miles and flying us with her. It helps that her conference is in LA and I can celebrate it right with a day on the Great Escape in April. Guilt can be such a useful emotion.:D

I don't do well with dive plans more than a couple of months out, so that is all I have.

California in May, then Cozumel and like robint, hopefully NC wrecks in August or September.
Sons high school graduation trip is in June and if I could escape the dog house I would head south to ITK while I'm in Orlando.

I'm going back to Bonaire in March, haven't decided if it will be for one week or two.

I'd like to get another dive in at Blue Hole before then. It seems I get so few local dives that I never really have gotten comfortable in my dry suit.

I'll probably go back to Bonaire again in October. And I hope to do a few local dives around here this summer. Nothing planned yet. I'm also considering taking a couple Tech Classes.

I may go on a Blackbeard cruise with a group, but I'm not really thrilled about Blackbeard. A local LDS has a group going on the Caribbean Explorer II that I'm considering.

A few of us talked about a trip to Calif for kelp diving this year, but so far, it's only talk. I did volunteer to drive tanks and gear out in my truck, so those who had less vacation time could more easily fly out and back. We'll see if it gets off the ground.

I'm also hoping to do some more diving off my houseboat on Lake Powell this summer.

Wow, I really don't have a lot of specific plans, and I do have a lot of hopeful plans!:(

California in May, then Cozumel and like robint, hopefully NC wrecks in August or September.
Sons high school graduation trip is in June and if I could escape the dog house I would head south to ITK while I'm in Orlando.
I thought about ITK also. But I'm not big on huge groups. And from the way Howard is talking, it will not only be ScubaBoard this year, but also TDS and Rebreather World. That sure to drive up lodging cost, and make dive limited or unavailable. I think I'll wait and see if I can find someone who wants to go and explore the Keys with me at another time. I also read there is a liveaboard that is doing a special of 5 days of wreck diving. That sounds fun.

Being a single diver, I end up having to find a buddy, or more usually, travel with a group that will find me a buddy. Not just for diving, but to share the room and other costs too.

I thought about ITK also. But I'm not big on huge groups. And from the way Howard is talking, it will not only be ScubaBoard this year, but also TDS and Rebreather World.
TDS and RBW? Not enough meds in the cabinet to handle those types :wink:

TDS and RBW? Not enough meds in the cabinet to handle those types :wink:

From here:

ScubaBoard is pleased to announce the availability of booking for Invade the Keys 2010. This year, is sure to be bigger and better than ever, as we invited a few friends to join in the fun. So really, this year, it’s ScubaBoard, The Deco Stop, and Rebreather World INVADE THE KEYS! Let’s not just stop there, let’s really invade the Keys. How about in addition to 4 great fun filled days of diving and parties, we invite you to join us on a day trip to the Vandenberg aboard the M/V Spree!

Join us and dive with Captain Slate, Silent World, and Horizon Divers - All in Key Largo!

This year, the dives scheduled will cover the entire spectrum of diving from shallow coral reefs to wrecks at 300 feet deep!

This is the 5th annual ScubaBoard invades the keys, and this year the fun kicks off on June 18, and runs through June 21. We’ve currently got group rates at the Holiday Inn Resort, and the Marina del Mar Resort in Key Largo. You can reserve all of your hotels and diving at https://reservations.scubaboard.com – in the near future, we’ll be adding to the reservations a few additional social events, including our big Saturday Night Bash, once we finalize all of the details for those.

Lest I not forget that this is the 10 Anniversary of ScubaBoard.com, so we'll have a few surprises in store!

Sounds like too much fun for a Florida Dive Noobie. :shocked2:

We're going to Miami in May to see family, but will get at least one day in key Largo

Jim

More Rock Lake, Puget Sound, Cozumel (planning on diving the windward side of the island for a week), and maybe NC if I can get it worked out. Then there's also Blue Hole, Perch Lake, and maybe San Solomon Springs. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom