Barbados Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shanjazz2

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello
I am going to Barbardos in Feb 2010 and I am looking for a good dive operator. I am an experienced diver and I would also like to know what are the good dive sites to visit.

Any thoughts.

Hi Shanjazz2
I would highly recommend Dive Hightide, they are based on the West Coast of Barbados just North of Holetown in the parish of St James. They have the best diveboat on the island, lots of sun cover and a great big open deck space, with a great entry platform.
All the divesites on the West coast are within easy reach of the Hightide diveshop.
www.divehightide.com Tel 1 246 432 0931. Ask for Edwin, he is a cool guy very knowledgeable and friendly. There are some great wrecks, nice reefs and plenty of turtles.
Happy diving in Bim.
I wish I was going too!!

I have dove HT but are not impressed with many aspects of their operation. The only reason I will dive them now is they are the only show in town to my knowledge that goes out with local university students to catch and tag sea turtles. If you have never seen it done, interesting and a great experience for bubble watchers as well.

I would recommend you PM a board member ....Sculpin....who is an operator in Barbados and I highly recommend him.

Also, be sure to do the Carlisle Bay shore dive. A nice group of wrecks all close together and in a cordonned off area where you will not get run over by a boat.

Was in Barbados last week,......dove with Hightide..was impressed......service was excellent and the drove across the island to pick us off and drop us off.......
Part of it I guess was we were the only ones on the boat for 3 out of the 4 days...

friendly.....efficient.....the only thing is they do have problems with tanks filled lower than 2800psi

Hi there

We will be in Barbados in February and i have been looking for a dive operator as well. We would like to do six dives with an operator but would like to do a shore dive at Carlisle Bay as well. We are newly certified though. Is Carlisle fairly easy to dive? How far from shore, any strong currents etc. We were more hoping to rent tanks and do a couple shore dives just to practice some skills, given we are newbies. Any info you can provide on Carlisle would be appreciated. We've not been to Barbados. Thanks so much.

Hey
Newbies practicing skills might be better off with a DM present, just sayin'.
Anyway I would dive with Barbados Blue, Carlisle bay is their home site and you could refresh or practice skills with a DM in the Hilton pool or the bay, and be guided around the bay so you don't miss anything, staff is great, very accommodating and boats are comfortable. Say hey to the guys from Daniel in Calgary.

Hello,

I'm thinking about going to Barbados in either February, or March, 2017. I like to breathe EAN 32% oxygen
when I dive and I found a dive shop called Reefers and Wreckers that offers nitrox:
www.reeferswreckersbarbados.com

I think that this is the only dive shop on the island that offers nitrox! Can anybody recommend this dive shop?
In addition, does anybody have any recommendations for a hotel that's within reasonable driving distance of
Speightstown? Since I'm not a bed and breakfast person, I prefer a hotel or, motel!

This is the first time that I'm seeking advice on this message board and I hope that the advice will be great!

Thanks!
John Swanson

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom