Disabled Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been conversing with MedFlame03 regarding her condition, limitations, challenges and goals, and we finally set a date to come in, sit down, and see where we can go.

Yesterday, Karen (MedFlame03) drove down from Williamsport to Indian Valley Scuba and together with IAHD Professional Rich (ScubaRich on SB) & IAHD-Pro Barbara, we spent six great hours working together to better understand her background, her injuries, and how we could best help her achieve her goal of returning to diving.

I am thrilled to report that after three non-stop hours in the pool, MedFlame03 is ready to get back in the open water with us. She will complete her IAHD-Americas Level 1 Open Water Diver certification and be able to dive without limitations where ever her travel may take her.

Look for her story to be featured in next months IAHD-Americas newsletter! Visit the website to subscribe and hear all the great things that IAHD-Americas is doing!

Congratulations!

I have chatted with Med for awhile now and have heard about her dedication. She is a fighter and I can see her goal to dive again being one of the best opportunities for her to prove to herself and to everyone else what she is still capable of doing.

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? ~Vincent van Gogh

Enjoy some great diving again Med!!!

:balloons: :bounce3: :bounce: :bounce4: :bounce2: :cheerleader: :yelclap:

That is indeed great news. Congratulations Medflame. Great to hear you will be back in the water. :goingdown: :yeahbaby:

Back over a year ago, we exchanged post and even a phone call about the possibility of diving again. Karen has made an incredible journey coming back against what all the experts said could be done. To hear the hope and the joy at the knowledge the to SCUBA dive again may be a possibility.

I wish I could have been there, but we are on opposite coast. Of course as an HSA instructor, I wish she could have been trained by an HSA instructor, but in the end that does not matter, both agencies do a great job (it is alleged IAHD copied the HSA manual) and what is important is that she is diving again and has been trained by people knowledgeable in adaptive diving.

Karen, Welcome back. I am proud of you and so happy.:D

To Indian Valley SCUBA - I salute you for having your facility trained to serve the needs of the Adaptive Diver. Teaching adaptive diving is not a money making proposition. Additional manpower and hours and sometimes equipment are required, but it sure pays with dividend to the heart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom