What do you carry in your BCD pockets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A lighter and some cigarettes. Along with my cell phone cuz its "water resistant" and even though I can't talk, I can still text. Oh - almost forgot - the GPS for finding the shipwrecks.

Great idea .... How did you attach the "loop" to the inside of the pocket??

My pockets are dry suit pockets - they have small drain holes with grommets.
I made a bungee loop with two overhand knots, one inside the pocket, and a big one outside on the other side of the grommet. Seems to hold well enough.

Some jacket BCs have attachment points inside the pockets. Otherwise, be creative. Zipper pull might be a good attachment point if you don't want to poke holes in your gear.

Sorry no photos, suit is at the shop right now :depressed:
You can probably find some on tech diving web sites, it seems to be a common practice (I learned it from my DirF instructor). Halcyon pockets even have them built in.

on July 26, 2008 I carried a flashlight, a dive slate, and engagement ring!!!

And I recently added earings for an anniversary present for my lovely wife of 20 years! Other than that, safety sausage, backup dive light, whistle, and a cell phone waterproof pouch for car keys and some other things I don't want to leave in the car. And my dive slate on a short tether (cuz I dropped one and lost it once while helping another diver with an equipment problem!) I think that's about it.

Car key (no battery), SMDB, reel, slate. That's it. I mount my (small) knife on the ourside of my BCD pocket using the holes provided and thumb screws, and have a torch on my BCD webbing and clip the camera on if I'm carrying it.

My pocket (waist pocket or x-shorts) usually has the following:
- Sausage
- Signal Mirror
- Q40 eLED light (sometimes also an Iklelite Pca)
- Whistle (dive alert on the lp hose as well)
- Sea Drops
- Line cutter (DIR knife on the waist band as well)
No-bungee to hold things in.

My right hand BCD pocket is normally where I put the battery canister for my can light. Occasionally I'll have a backup light in my left pocket. My SMB and dive slate get clipped to a bungie in either my left of right thigh pocket on my dry suit. Reel doesn't go in there because it's clipped to lower rear D-ring, shears are on my cumberband (I still wear my dive tool on my calf when I dive wet), and an even smaller backup light is attached to my left shoulder D-ring. A wistle is tied to my inflator hose also

Wet notes, shears, spare double ender, SMB, and finger spool, all clipped to a ring inside the pocket. My dive light and backup light are clipped to the front of my harness and my very small knife is in a sheath on my crotch strap.

I use the SMB on nearly every ascent whether drifting or not.

sheers
light
SMB with signal mirror and whistle (when boat or ocean diving, i.e. not in the quarry)
second light in pocket
foldable snorkle

Interesting thread! I'll need to check out the wet notes & bungee loop!

I have a weight-integrated BC, so there's just enough room for:

Left pocket:
-Slate & tables
-Gloves
-Foldable snorkel

Right pocket:
-SMB (clipped off to a small plastic D ring just outside the zipper)
-Finger spool (clipped off)
-Ziploc 'I'm lost-at-sea, this is bad' bag with
--strobe
--signal mirror
--white garbage bag
--powerbar

Attached to BC:
-small knife
-line cutter
-shears
-whistle

In my dive bag, on the boat, doing me little to no good: