5* Diving in Phillipines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gee13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All

Im fairly new to this forum, Phillipines is now on my list of to do diving and Im planning a trip after I complete Maldives, Bunaken/Lembeh, Palau. Im looking for some serious 5* diving, and by that Im not talking accomodation, just diverse marine life, wall diving, corals and pelagics. I have heard of Apo Island, Tubbataha, Malapuasca, Puerto Gallera. What options do I have to visit perhaps a couple of top sites that you experts can recommend that's not too hard to get to. Looking at perhaps 7 Days liveaboard followed by 5 days on a resort based operation. Im also keen on finding Thresher Sharks.

Thanks

As a far as finding a place easy to get to, you kinda need to determine if your gonna be using Cebu or Manila as your hub... There are tons of five star land based dive sites that you can get to very easily. As far as the Liveaboard goes Tubbataha and Apo Island both very different and top notch. Just a matter of prefernce, and of coarse the time of year (weather)....

I like the diving in PG. It's easy going and diverse. Near-by Verde Island's wall dive is more then excellent.
There seems to be more and more Thresher Shark sihgtings around the Kilma-Sinandigan Area. I was lucky enough to see one at Turtle Rock- Amazing! Lately I heard several reports of people spotting them around there, although it still is a difficult (lucky) find. Usually people head over to Malauasca to see them- I reckon thats the best place to find them.

The one thing I can promise you is that you'll love the diving where ever you go in PI!!

Like Adam said, there are just too many choices. But since you want to do a Liveaboard I would recommend Tubbataha and since you really need to go from Manila to PP for all liveaboards that I am aware of, you may as well fly into Manila, then narrow your choices for the 5 day of resort diving to Luzon and Mindoro maybe Anilao or PG. Hope this helps..

do not forget to drop by the best white beach of the world BORACAY island, the coral is not so nice, but off island day tour diving is O K, your get the best ambient top site. recommend dive shop is www.seaparkdiving.com (Johnson 09088620020), you can get pinoy price if you avail the dive package or mention S.B. enjoy the Philippines!!!
( now locate at La Camela station 2, n Golden Phoenix station one), but the way, all pinoy are welcome, just mention my NAME!

Ding, he did not once mention eh was looking for a nice beach. he said 5 star diving!!!!! I pretty much think that excludes Boracay...:popcorn:

Gee, if you REALLy want Thresher sharks, the only choice is Malapascua... But you're going to spend a lot of bottom time just waiting there for they to come (IF they come).

do not forget to drop by the best white beach of the world BORACAY island, the coral is not so nice, but off island day tour diving is O K, your get the best ambient top site. recommend dive shop is www.seaparkdiving.com (Johnson 09088620020), you can get pinoy price if you avail the dive package or mention S.B. enjoy the Philippines!!!
( now locate at La Camela station 2, n Golden Phoenix station one), but the way, all pinoy are welcome, just mention my NAME!

bohol, malapascua, and apo island are not that far from each other.
you could most likely hit them all in a 5-7 day liveaboard dive safari

u may want to consider staying in Dauin (dumaugete) which is just a 35 to 40 min baot ride to Apo, and the shore dives around Dauin are Awsome,

best value accomidation and dive Mikes Dive resort and diving

Budget Accomidation (very comfortable nipper hut) Porta Citas (next door to mikes)

5* diving Sea Explourers Dauin (also 5*Accomidation)

My chioce 4 time there Accomidation Citas, dive split with mikes and sea exploureres all are walking distance on the beach.

Moalboal has unbelievable wall dives and incredible Pascador island, (possible white tip siting)

recomend Moalboal NEPTUNE DIVE Shop owner name Jasper

good luuck

enjoy

Mark

Back
Top Bottom