In Cozumel now..need your help w/dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was looking at the Scuba Club web cam and just saw 6 divers w/tanks on their backs jumping off the pier for a shore dive...but I would assume you would have to be staying there to do a shore dive from there :idk:

Hehe had one name wrong...

You can pay for tanks and lead to shore dive along the [-]Casa[/-] Villa Blanca, Blue Angel, Scuba Club area if you're not diving with an Op there. Reasonable costs I think.

Last edited:
I'm looking at the forecast for Friday and Saturday. They are forecasting 20+ mph winds from the SE. Do SE winds effect the diving on the westside? You guys have me worried about getting to dive since I'm there for such a short time.

my guess is that they will only affect the sourthern most dive sites all others should be ok.

I'm looking at the forecast for Friday and Saturday. They are forecasting 20+ mph winds from the SE. Do SE winds effect the diving on the westside? You guys have me worried about getting to dive since I'm there for such a short time.
Welllll, I don't know where you're getting your forecast but may I suggest bookmarking this site: Cozumel, Mexico Forecast : Weather Underground

The bad news is that it agrees to an extent on Friday, if you click Hourly: up to 20 mph from SE.

The good news is that the island shelters the channel from SE winds...
click for larger: yucatan-peninsula-map.jpg

The other bad news is that winds Saturday are forecast to be from the West more, but the other good news is that 5 day forecasts are not very realistic anyway. :eyebrow:

:pilot: Have a good trip

Winds that close the port down are those from the west, NW and North. There's no real rule of thumb as to how strong they have to be for the HM to close the port, but usually over 10mph - depends on his mood :)

I believe I read on the forums recently Aldora will dive on the east side if it is bad on the west side. Aldora Divers of Cozumel

Hope the weather gets better! :D
Yeah it's true. I've been here since the 8th of Jan. Haven't been able to dive yet, so today Christi from BlueXTsea was trying to get me on the Aldora boat. Which is possible but today there just wasn't enough room. Of course their divers get preference as you would expect. Also, the Aldora boat today was going to a spot I am not currently experienced enough for so, anyway that's all I got to say about that. :catfight::cheers:

Yeah it's true. I've been here since the 8th of Jan. Haven't been able to dive yet, so today Christi from BlueXTsea was trying to get me on the Aldora boat. Which is possible but today there just wasn't enough room. Of course their divers get preference as you would expect. Also, the Aldora boat today was going to a spot I am not currently experienced enough for so, anyway that's all I got to say about that. :catfight::cheers:
Man that sucks, I just hate hearing all the bad news of cancelled diving. I know that dont make you feel any better.
Hey maybe you can get a shore dive in with Opal at Scuba Mau. Call her and see what gives at least you can get some wetness in. They are located at Villa Blanca. I think a tank is like 6-10bucks, not sure.
I sure hope you can get out on the east if nothing opens. Good of Christi for trying to get you out.

Yep, if you're blown out and don't want to ferry to PDC to dive cenotes and visit the ruins, it's better diving than here...!

Hehe had one name wrong...
You can pay for tanks and lead to shore dive along the [-]Casa[/-] Villa Blanca, Blue Angel, Scuba Club area if you're not diving with an Op there. Reasonable costs I think.
Take a cab, do some long, shallow dives, look for things hiding in the junk. I've seen some neat sights that way there.

Last edited:
POOL IS OPEN!!!!!!

It's flat as a glassy lake out there right now and we have a FULL rainbow today!!!!

My prayer to the arctic blast wind God worked!!!!!!

There are some happy divers in Cozumel this morning!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom