Let us have a ScubaBoard meet and greet. - Idea and Planning Thread!

Where should we go?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Add another to the list.. I'm in! Diving Heisler tomorrow morning for the first time with expected good conditions for Laguna. I'll post a dive report tomorrow night.

Anyone one else want to join there's only two of us tomorrow morning at 8am at the moment. Noobies both.. so any pointers welcome.

Dive!

Driving up to get air fills is probably the best idea.
I usually only dive (freedive) laguna in the summer and parking is quite difficult, so if you go to get your tanks filled you would not have a place to park when you return, but hopefully since it's winter, parking will not be a problem. I might just rent a second tank as it's $10 for that versus $6for the fill and save all the hassle of moving cars and waiting for fills.
Hopefully the VIS and weather will cooperate...............

My plan is to rent 3-4 tanks on Friday when I get in, I'm hoping to do a night dive or two Friday night, just to get the most out of the $ spent in getting there to dive. If you're going to do it, do as much of it as you can while you're there!
If I use the tanks, great, if I don't, I return them full. No harm, no foul, what's another $10-$40 when you're spending $400 just to be there? Though I'm considering using Nitrox since I'm getting my certification on the 13th, that will make it a bit more expensive, still OK though. I'll just be happy to be there, making new friends, and diving somewhere I've never been.

If Heisler has the depths of most of the other Laguna sites, nitrox is going to be *slightly* overkill. :) And this coming from a rather large proponent of reduced nitrogen loading.

If Heisler has the depths of most of the other Laguna sites, nitrox is going to be *slightly* overkill. :) And this coming from a rather large proponent of reduced nitrogen loading.

I managed to hit 47' at Heisler once, but the majority of the rest of the dives were in the 27-37' range.

Definitely no need to spend the extra dough for Nitrox unless there's some other reason, like being in a high risk group for some reason.

Isn't Nitrox better if I'm going to be flying the next day? Forgive my ignorance, I haven't yet taken the class, just muddling through the book this week.

Isn't Nitrox better if I'm going to be flying the next day? Forgive my ignorance, I haven't yet taken the class, just muddling through the book this week.

Don't waste the money on nitrox for Heisler. It's a shallow dive.

You'll get no benefit from your computer by diving nitrox instead of air WRT flying the next day.

Pass on the Nitrox and bring on the fun! Looks like it is going to be a great turnout!

Now all we have to do is figure out a menu!

Thought I was gonna have to pass because of a super bowl party in Vegas.
Looks like that is falling apart so I'm inked for Laguna. :cool2:

After a great Scubaboard quicky meet and greet to say farewell to Miselenas, I am really looking forward to Heisler Beach! Scubaboard gatherings are just plain FUN!

Back
Top Bottom