Diving in Tenerife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was up to 22C today, lots of sunshine with a breeze from the south. We were diving two day ago and the water temperature was 21C, viz only about 25m! We can get rain this time of year but it is normally localised. As this is winter the water temp will drop over the next couple of months but my wife is still wearing a shortie, I've wimped out and am in a full suit.

*Sigh!*

It's -34C outside here now...

My wife, me and our 4-month old just came back from 4 weeks in Canaries. We dove El Cabron on Gran Canaria with Davy Jones Diving Centre. Fantastic site, nice shop, good guides, just the right bit of chaos. Only guys if you read this - clean the toilet please and a hot shower is a must :wink:. On Tenerife we dove Los Gigantes. There are two establishments - British and Spanish right in the marina on the opposite sites of the arcade. Brits are a bit stiff but they are OK and apply safety rules. But this shop has no toilet (you may use one in a bar nearby), no facilities to wash your gear (they sprinkle it with a bit of fresh water in the marina). The Spanish shop has all the facilities but when it comes to diving - you are on your own. I liked it, but I do quite a bit of solo diving in Norway. If you dive with them bring your own buddy, compass and look after each other. Oh, and they require you to have a diving insurance. Anyway I am very thankful - they took me to the Atlantis which is a superb dive site. If I was diving there again I would go with the Spanish shop - fiesta over reason.
To complete the list we also dove on La Gomera with the only shop in Valle Gran Rey. The owner took us to Playa Santiago as weaves in Valle Gran Rey had 4 meters at that time. That guy (Thomas if my memory serves me well) did something I had seen for the first time: He showed me to my buddy than pointed towards the sea and said: just follow the rocks-sand border. And left us alone to do a OW course with his student. We had a nice dive. Then my wife had a nice dive as well. With the same guidance.
In Canaries you can buy a book "Diving in Canaries". Worth having to get the feeling what is where.

If anyone wishes to have a look at our website for diving in Tenerife
Diving Tenerife Dive 24-7
We are a proper dive centre with our own boat, moored on a pontoon in a marina for safe and easy loading.
Our dive centre is very well equiped with a dry area, classroom area, wet room, compressor room and workshop.
We offer accommodation as well if required.
We have a resident course director and we are also the only technical and rebreather centre in Tenerife.

Best Regards
Dave & Nicky
Diving Tenerife Dive 24-7

Back
Top Bottom