Women's wetsuit - help me pick between 2 options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Filippo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

My girlfriend is getting a wetsuit from me as a late xmas present hehe

Found these 2 that seem to be quite good deals:

Amazon.com: Bare 7/6mm Womens Velocity Full Scuba Diving Suit Dive Divers Wetsuit Wet Suit AUTHORIZED DEALER FULL WARRANTY: Clothing

Amazon.com: 7/5mm Women's NeoSport by Henderson Full One Piece Scuba Wetsuit Wet Suit Authorized Dealer Full Warranty: Sports & Outdoors

What do you guys think? Is the Bare worth the ~$80 difference? Or is the Hendersen a good buy for $126? Or should I look into something else?

Thanks in advance

Watch out for the Henderson, it is a NeoSport, which is the lower-end line. The Bare is a great deal, based on other prices I've seen. However, the biggest thing with wetsuits is fit. Whichever fits the best is going to be the best suit for you. But if both fit the same, I'd go with the Bare, it has more features, like seals and zippered ankles.

You should check out Wetwear. They make great suits for women leaving lot's of room for the bust area. They have expensive suits and less expensive suits. You make it what you want. Weather you buy their top of the line suit or not, their suits will last longer and fit better than anything else you will buy off the rack.

Check out Pinnacle suits as well. Don't skimp on your wetsuit. Going cheap means you might just be buying another wetsuit the next season. Paying a little extra for better quality could mean having a suit to use for several seasons.

Hi

My girlfriend is getting a wetsuit from me as a late xmas present hehe

Found these 2 that seem to be quite good deals:

Amazon.com: Bare 7/6mm Womens Velocity Full Scuba Diving Suit Dive Divers Wetsuit Wet Suit AUTHORIZED DEALER FULL WARRANTY: Clothing

Amazon.com: 7/5mm Women's NeoSport by Henderson Full One Piece Scuba Wetsuit Wet Suit Authorized Dealer Full Warranty: Sports & Outdoors

What do you guys think? Is the Bare worth the ~$80 difference? Or is the Hendersen a good buy for $126? Or should I look into something else?

Thanks in advance

I have a great Bare wet suit (7mm) and it fits realy well especiallly those of us who have a "curvy" figure...

My husband has a Henderson and it is not wearing well...Just an observation although his Henderson gloves also did not wear well.

Last edited:
My Girlfriend and I both have Bare Drysuit's. And Have tried there wetsuit's which we both like alot. But she Prefers the Henderson Hyperstretch to the Bare's Progressive Stretch. But The Hyperstretch is a more expensive suit. But it fits awesome due to it's stretch.But if it was a price Would take the Bare if price was not an option go with the Henderson Hyperstretch.

Also I have never gotten to try one on but have seen them. Pinnacle Makes great looking suit's. and have heard good things about there merino lines suit's

Bare is worth these extra 80 $. But one tip - I would rather look for a suit zipped in the front rather than in the back. The back zipper is a pain in the .... and it always requires someones help.

However, if it's a vertical front zip, you won't get as good of a seal as with a back zip suit. If it's a horizontal front zip on a semi dry, that isn't an issue.

My 3mm wetsuit has a back zipper, whereas my Lycra diveskin has a front zipper. While the front zipper is convenient on the diveskin, I don't think I would want a front zipper on a wetsuit because, since shoulders/arms bend forward but not backward, I think it would be (more) difficult to get on and off. Not the zipper, but getting the shoulders of the suit off from front to back.

So for me anyway, I wouldn't want a jumpsuit style wetsuit with a front zip (of course with a stretchy/thinner wetsuit it might not be an issue; but still a consideration).

B.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom