PADI Master Scuba Diver requirements...can one of my specialties be SSI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewaiea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a goal this year (or thereabouts) to finish up my Rescue Diver and two more specialty certifications (probably wreck diver and u/w navigation or something). I already am a PADI Advanced Open Water diver, plus I have my nitrox, u/w digital photography, and drysuit specialties. The problem is, my drysuit cert is an SSI certification. I know it's a reputable cert and all, but when it comes to getting to Master Scuba Diver, will PADI allow me to count my SSI Drysuit Diver cert towards my PADI Master Scuba Diver rating? Or do I need to take one more additional specialty? (which would be a pretty silly rule if you ask me...)

Thanks!

The PADI Master Scuba Diver Rating Requires that all 5 specialties be PADI Specialties. No comment on the Silly Part :wink:

Scubajcf is correct....PADI Master Diver rating requires PADI specialties.

I'm not an expert on other agencies, but I would bet it's the same requirement for most....

Go for the SDI MSD rating. Then you don't need any specialties at all - just Rescue Diver + 50 dives.

That sucks.....someone at PADI needs to screw their head on straight :) The SSI cert should be good enough. Maybe I'll not go for my master diver rating and stop just one cert short just to prove a point.......uh, actually I don't think they'd care either way :dork2::no:

Why do you want the Master Diver certification?

uh-oh...now we've gone and done it...again. (haha):rofl3:

Why do you want the Master Diver certification?

Run FOREST RUN!!!!! :rofl3:
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

The PADI Master Diver rating does not signify you having mastered anything but spending money on PADI classes, which some might consider unnecessary...

Back
Top Bottom