IDC recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I taught US Marines, if you can teach 19 year old students with guns then I think Scuba dudes and dudettes should not be much of an issue, but I get your point.

Last edited:
Like most, I think that my own course director was tops. Patrix S. Heschel is a PADI course director here in Ohio. While it's a bit cold for the open water piece, I know that he offers class work & pool work year-'round and will work with your schedule for the actual open water and IE schedule (which is up to you to select from the pre-determined dates and sites, worldwide)

pre-teenage kids, teenage kids, college kids, middle class baby boomer yuppie kids; how many of those are going to respond productively to the methods Marines with guns respond to? That is the typical target market in recreational scuba, AFAIS.

Last edited:
I see your point as none of my pre-teen age or teen age kids seem to respond well to the tactics I have employed so far, I hope to learn much in the AI starting this weekend. Wish me luck.

If you want to go somewhere more tropical then there is a good IDC running in Costa Rica now out of Go Pro Costa Rica.

No one here doubts that you can dive where you live. However, learning how to TEACH and handle students in those conditions is a whole other animal... So I'm another one who votes for taking your IDC locally.

I'm curious how local conditions affect your specific teaching methods.

SubMariner:
No one here doubts that you can dive where you live. However, learning how to TEACH and handle students in those conditions is a whole other animal... So I'm another one who votes for taking your IDC locally.

I'm curious how local conditions affect your specific teaching methods.

Since this is a bit off topic, I would be happy to discuss this via PM.

My IDC starts the 13th of Aug at EASE in Vero Beach, Fl.

I'm also taking a number of other classes starting this week to include;
Nitrox Diver
O2 equipment tech
Dan Instr
VIP Tech
O2 Blender

The IDC to follow, 13-20, then IE 21&22

and the following few days doing MSDT certs;
Deep
Nav
Wreck
EFR
Boat
Nitrox Instr

Going to be a busy month...............

I would recommend Phillipe, who runs IDC's full time in Very Beach, Florida. He does a very good job and I have sent a number of Divemasters to him for training. Just google and you will find him. I am a Course Director myself, but am not presently training instructors.

That would be E.A.S.E. and I, likewise, recommend Phillipe and Dianne there. Very reasonable also. www.easedivepro.com

I must also chime in here for KUDOS to EASE and especially Dianne and Phillipe. I just completed my DM with them and am planning to go back for IDC in a few months.

Very nice setup, live on site, room&board included in the reasonable tuition, pool are there, shop near by for any gear you need, nice discount too.
Classroom on site.
The openwater sites vary, crappy green lake as discussed and nice off shore conditions....

Contact Them.........

+1 on EASE. I'm a Rescue thru MSDT with Phillipe & Dianne. EASE house has been my home away from home more than once and EASE/Deep 6 is my family.

Check out Rainbow Reef in Key Largo FL (Talk to PAM) or Ocean Divers in Key Largo (Talk to Joe). Both have a great track record and a extremely high pass rate at the IE. Georgia one of the course directors for Ocean Divers was just awarded a Platnium CD rating from PADI.

If your also considering technical talk to Silent World in Key Largo who does TDI & IANTD Instructor Training.

Pam is also a product of EASE.
In Key Largo, Tom Whitmer (now at Horizon Divers) is also great!

My IDC starts the 13th of Aug at EASE in Vero Beach, Fl.

I'm also taking a number of other classes starting this week to include;
Nitrox Diver
O2 equipment tech
Dan Instr
VIP Tech
O2 Blender

The IDC to follow, 13-20, then IE 21&22

and the following few days doing MSDT certs;
Deep
Nav
Wreck
EFR
Boat
Nitrox Instr

Going to be a busy month...............

WOOHOO! I'll try to come up to say hello while you are at EASE house.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom