Rescue Diver Prerequisites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-Phoenix-

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Heya all!

At the moment I am planning my next diving trip. I would like to combine this with a rescue diver course. However when reading the prerequisites, it says the following:

"Be trained and current for first aid and CPR within the previous two years"

I am trained and current for first aid and CPR, being a medical professional. I have however no certificate of any kind. Is there a way that I can get the "padi emergency first responder" without having to do those BLS classes all over again so I can just start my rescue diver?

Yours,

Rob

Can you elaborate on your medical background to an instructor? If you have the full knowledge of how to use CPR and current good practices, an instructor might take you in.

Otherwise, it really isn't that hard to get a recertification/certification

If you are required to hold BLS/ILS/ALS/etc. as part of your job then under EU law your employer must hold a copy of any relevent certificates. If you recieved in-house training and were not given a certificate, your employer must still have a document that states you are qualified or exempt. Ask them for a copy.

PADI are looking for CPR, oxgen administration, cardiac defibrilation and first aid training. At a minimum this is ILS and something like St John's First Aider or ALS and ATLS. Many other graduate and post graduate medical/nursing/paramedic/etc qualifications and course are acceptable as long as the paperwork (curiculum/syllabus) includes the above topics.

What your instructor needs is tangible proof (which they can photocopy and send to PADI) you know what you are doing. So you will need some kind of paperwork.

Rupert

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom