The Venus Statue is MIA...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad Venus is back. Going forward, it would be nice to have a mutual agreement between all parties who feel there should/shouldn't be stuff left in the hole. I had placed a few things that had sentimental value to my Wife and I that we really looked forward to seeing when we went down and now they are gone. Wasn't anything I would feel bad about losing, but knowing they were "taken" because someone decided it shouldn't be there is pretty frustrating.

Glad to see Venus back! Bert was good to his word, and the culprit sitting there hearing me BITCH about this situation in Stella's shack likely was not feeling too comfortable. At the time I had no idea that HE was the ONE! :eyebrow:

As for all the OTHER stuff, our Merry Band of Musicians, put down there several years ago, is now down to ONE. For whatever reason the girl figure has survived, but is now at maybe 20' last I was there.

Apparently a few, or maybe just one ABQ individual has decided to clean up the hole, and has done so rather thoroughly.

However, I think he is getting the message that what folks put down there is not intended to be removed by some self appointed BH underwater trinket monitor.

We are all at the mercy of everyone else who dives there.... let's hope folks BEE-HAVE!

James.. not that james, the other one! I will buy you a new golf ball!

The same Bert from Sandia in ABQ? He's still at it? I did DM through there. Frankly I'd be surprised if that place were still going, especially when their website shows IE schedules for 2003...Did anyone check for the Venus in his shop while it was missing (lol!)?

I like Bert, and admire his love of diving, and instructing. I've seen him deal with some GawdAweful students.

Bert is NOT responsible for the Venus debacle. In fact, Bert, Stella, and possibly myself maybe the reason the statue is back where she belongs.

I assume we are discussing the same Bert. Regardless of their website status, the shop he teaches out of appears to be surviving.

* * * MOD POST * * *
I have split the discussion on stocking the BH into a new thread as it has absolutely nothing to do with Venus being MIA! :D
* * * MOD POST * * *

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom