Scubapro vs CEII distributor wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwhkg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
local distributors war

Attachments

• scubapro.jpg
    scubapro.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 125
who will get the scubapro distributorship for PI? SW? Didn't SW get Aqualung last 2007?

following comment are conjecture and my thoughts only...

I assume SAPL tried to end it contrary to contract. CEII consequently decided not to stock their products but would prefer that no one else did as it is a breach of contract and took action to enable this.

I assume that SAPL can easily not supply CEII if they choose not too...so CEII need to look somewhere else and have thus found a new major supplier of gear... which will then become their foremost line.

It is fact that CEII will now stock Aqualung/Seaquest...but who "might" get SP is still not clear...although I did hear a rumour :)

smartbro plugit sucks a**

Last edited by a moderator:
CEII seems to want to corner the dive equipment market by getting as many brands as possible; despite the fact that the major brands (like Scubapro and Aqualung) prefer that their distributors don't carry products of competing brands.

I think that's the long and short of why Scubapro AP wanted out of their relationship with CEII. CEII carries Oceanic as another major brand as well.

I was in the Cebu City store yesterday, and they have slashed prices on the SCUBA PRO line by 50%... But the original "marked" price which the prices are reduced from are pretty high. It does appear that they are attempting to dump their inventory of SCUBA Pro quickly.

Business is business is it not? I'd like to expound more but feel the need to be polite...make your own judgements...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom