Just moved to Panama City Beach and it's time!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome! Thanks for the info folks! Im just anxious to get back in the water.

Ill ask around about some good instructors.

Dive aholic- Dont have to worry about me staying outta the caves! Nope probably will never do cave diving! haha

Thanks again!

Ill ask around about some good instructors.

Make sure to ask specific questions. A good instructor to one person may not be so good to another person. Think about the qualities of an instructor and course you would like to see and ask about those.

Also, what courses are you planning on taking? That's a real important consideration. You may even want to post the courses and the qualities you're looking for here so you can get good recommendations.

Sonjia at Diver's Den is an awesome instructor!!!

I believe it is her husband Max. You can not ask for a couple of nicer people.

I believe it is her husband Max. You can not ask for a couple of nicer people.
Sonja's husband is not Max nor does he work at the shop. Sonja is an excellent instructor that has been around here for many years. She is a very upbeat person and has alot of firsthand knowledge of the area

Sonja's husband is not Max nor does he work at the shop. Sonja is an excellent instructor that has been around here for many years. She is a very upbeat person and has alot of firsthand knowledge of the area

My bad. Who is the man that works at the store. He has always been good to me when I have been in.:confused:

All three shops have their pros and cons as previously stated. If you are looking to go offshore to dive you can always call ahead and make sure the boat isn't too full. Each boat and each site have a maximum number of divers that they can comfortably accommodate. The 36' newtons that I and the Dive Locker run are plenty full at 12 and I cap my load at 15 for inshore trips to keep things spacious. The Dive Locker has some policy on this too (not sure what it is) to keep it from getting too crazy on deck. When the seas get rough I sure do look at Rambo on the Island Diver with alittle bit of jealousy though!

Seriously go to whatever shop has the best service and makes you feel valued. With a charter I'd add safety and comfort to those. Mostly though, welcome to Panama City. The local dive community is fairly small and we all bump into eachother offshore on a dive site eventually.... and I can't wait to tell Sonya that Mac comes off as her husband, or Mac for that matter! :)

Sooners,

I'm impressed, good choice to get on here and look around. You really got some good information. Patmygreen is a really good friend of mine and will always offer good advice. Nice to see you do your research before jumping in.

Todd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom