Cheapest place for hydro and VIP (south FL)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have 3 tanks that need hydro and VIP. Where's the cheapest place to get 'em done? I am in Doral, FL but travel to Ft.Lauderdale quite often.

When I lived in Rochester, NY a few years ago, it was cheaper taking my tanks to a fire extinguisher manufacturer for the hydro and then having the VIP done at the scuba shop. Would this scenario be the same in South FL?

I have 3 tanks that need hydro and VIP. Where's the cheapest place to get 'em done? I am in Doral, FL but travel to Ft.Lauderdale quite often.

When I lived in Rochester, NY a few years ago, it was cheaper taking my tanks to a fire extinguisher manufacturer for the hydro and then having the VIP done at the scuba shop. Would this scenario be the same in South FL?

Most shops in S FL use Hydrostat in Deerfield Beach. They don't give individuals a big discount though because of their relationship with the dive shops. That being said, they do outstanding work.

I am an independent instructor in Miami. I work part-time at Ocean Safari, which is near downtown. Hydro tests are $30 including the VIP for tanks that do not require cleaning for nitrox/oxygen service.

You are going to find that most dive shops and hydro facilities in the area will charge about the same price, give or take a few dollars.

Most shops in this area will charge roughly the same price.
I'm not positive but I think all tanks in S. Fla get sent out to Ockeechobee to be hydro'd at the facility out there.
They pick up on Tuesdays at the Palm Beach area shops and return them the following Tuesday.
My shop charges $30. for hydro and VIP.........more if they need to be O2 cleaned........but you can do that yourself.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom