The Venus Statue is MIA...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Venus is no longer at the Blue Hole. We believe we know who has her, and Bert is going to try and get her back... sigh...

Try to do something nice, and kinda cool, and look where it get's us! :(

BH has gone through some cleanup and we believe the same individual who has Venus is responsible for removing a lot of stuff from the Hole.

I know who this person is, and in fact before I did know I had a very candid conversation with Stella and him sitting silent listening. I thought he was just being shy, but now I understand that overhearing that conversation likely made him uncomfortable.

Let's hope she is returned....

Venus is no longer at the Blue Hole. We believe we know who has her, and Bert is going to try and get her back... sigh...

Try to do something nice, and kinda cool, and look where it get's us! :(

BH has gone through some cleanup and we believe the same individual who has Venus is responsible for removing a lot of stuff from the Hole.

I know who this person is, and in fact before I did know I had a very candid conversation with Stella and him sitting silent listening. I thought he was just being shy, but now I understand that overhearing that conversation likely made him uncomfortable.

Let's hope she is returned....

So is it Bert or someone else? :confused:

It is not Bert, or certainly does not appear to be. There was only ONE diver that we are aware of that was at the Hole last weekend, so... Bert is aware of all this, and said he would try and take care of it.

Stay tuned, same Bat time, same Bat channel, for the ongoing Saga of Venus, and the thief! :popcorn:

If the un-named person wants to keep Venus for whatever personal reason that turns his crank, thats fine, but he needs to send me a check for $100. If Venus doesn't show up in a nice alcove in Blue Hole, or I don't receive $100, then the un-named person probably shouldn't be anywhere near Santa Rosa next time I'm down there, or the time after that, or the time after that.... Eventually, I will get my money's worth.

Venus is back and located by the grate. :)

Attachments

• P1000687.jpg
    P1000687.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 142
If they mail you $100 - I want my $10 back!:D

She looks good by the grate. REALLY glad she's back. Collections and payout is no fun. Admiring Venus at the grate is fun. Very cool. Thanks to whoever deserves to be thanked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom