Blue Hole in Grand Bahama?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trigfunctions

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all - I've read online about a blue hole on Grand Bahama island that is available for diving or snorkeling. The only things I can find (such as this East End Adventures - Grand Bahama Island) refer to a company called East End Adventures. However, there doesn't seem to be an active website for East End Adventures.

Does anyone have any info about this or any other unusual snorkeling or diving spots on Grand Bahama? Thanks!

Grand Bahama has 100's of blue holes. Most are tidal and not safe to dive. The ones most people dive are at Lucayan National park or the owl or mermaid holes. You have to dive with someone certified by the Bahamas to dive them. Christina at Unexso is one that is certified.

Contact Shamie Rolle @shamierolle@calabashbahamastours.com to dive the blue holes in Grand Bahama. He is Bahamian and has been diving these holes for 20 years and is the best guide on the island.

Hi Guys,

I have another post going right now re: dive spots in the Exumas, but it turns out I'll be spending a couple days in Lacaya (near freeport) before heading south. As such am interested in the blue hole near Lacayan National park. Is this strictly a cavern / cave dive? If so I'll pass but if it's a true "blue hole" I'd be very interested. Can't seem to find much info on it tho. Thanks!

There are at least 4 blue holes/caves out there that they dive. They all have a cave system under them. I agree with cleanershrimp that Shamie is a great guide. I have a different email for him though, shamie@calabashecoadventures.com His phone number is 242-727-1974.

Call UNEXSO. They are located right in Port Lucaya. Christina can help you out. If it is divable, she can take you there. They are the best dive operation on the island. They have a nice fleet of boats and a dive staff that is unbelievable. Just got back from there yesterday! Good luck.

Unexso is good. But Shamie with Calabash Eco Adventures is better. Much much better. And I too just got back yesterday from diving with both. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom