What is a Good Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the advice. Mabey I should of given a liitle more info. I dont see myself doing any trimix. I just want to be able to dive a little deeper for a little longer if that makes since. Does this mean a computer with tha capability to switch between just 2 gasses will work for me in the future or do I need 3 gasses? Will I need helium?

Thanks for all the advice. Mabey I should of given a liitle more info. I dont see myself doing any trimix. I just want to be able to dive a little deeper for a little longer if that makes since. Does this mean a computer with tha capability to switch between just 2 gasses will work for me in the future or do I need 3 gasses? Will I need helium?

If you are not going to do trimix, then you don't need a computer with helium capabilities. The Nitek Trio is a 3 gas computer and will do everything you need for now, if you are not going with tables and a bottom timer. I use a duo/trio for all my cave diving and have not had a problem with it. I don't use a trimix computer, when I do deep stuff, I use the duo/trio in gauge mode as a bottom timer with tables.

Does the tranmitter use a different oring than the plug which occupies the same hole in the 1st stage? I use a transmitter to monitor gas information when I scooter long range as its a whole lot easier for me.

Whatever computer the OP buys should be one in which they know and understand the mechanics/program behind the algorithm it uses. Otherwise its just a black box which spits out voodoo numbers they have to follow like a lemming.

If you are taking technical classes, you should consult your instructor first. Most tech instructors prefer that you do not use a computer during tech classes. I do not allow my students to use computers unless they can be and are set to "gauge" mode.

I am considering the suunto vytec without the transmitter. Any advice?
contender:
Used in gauge mode it will be fine.
Heck, used in computer mode it will be fine, as well. Perfectly good computer, reasonably readable display, 3 gas capability, easy to switch gases U/W. I use mine for deco diving on air, with 2 deco gases, and it is great. I even use it on trimix as a comparison to my Nitek He and X1.

If you are not going to do trimix, then you don't need a computer with helium capabilities.

Even if you are going to use Trimix you DON'T need a computer with helium capabilities. I dive He and my teammates as well dive it (He) and none of us use any sort of computer other then a computer capable of displaying depth and time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom