Funniest Diving quotes you have heard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks! I pondered responding to the "supplemental O2 required at 10000 ft" comment but thought better of it.

Just bear in mind 2 simple scenarios:
1) O2 isn't required on treks to Everest base camp (20000 ft). Many tourists do this annually!
2) 10000 ft is the height airline pilots descend (rapidly) to in the event that the passenger masks have deployed

:confused:

Being the FAA person I am, for pilots the max alt. w/o supplemental 02 is 12,500 feet.

While teaching the scuba program at Marywood University, having been a student and lacrosse player, I knew that most of the muscular athletic-looking girls were either on the field hockey or women's lacrosse teams.

During the first pool class, a very muscular and toned girl was in my in-water group of 4 female students. She was having trouble keeping the snorkel in her mouth.

Me: You look like you are having trouble. Is something wrong?

Her: Yeah, I don't like the taste of the snorkel.

Me: Oh, c'mon! You look like the type of girl who has had rubber in her mouth before.

Her eyes popped wide and her mouth dropped at the insult. I started laughing when I realized what I said. When I qualified that I meant she looked like an athlete who was used to having a mouth guard, all the girls and I had a good laugh.
:rofl3: I understand that you have to spin it that way, but you don't really expect us to believe that was inadvertent, do you?

....me:

a bit stunned in the mornig :mooner:
breathing from the snorkel and forgot to change to regulator before....
and I've not gasped water.... and most important none saw me.... :eyebrow:

Feel Free to pee in your Rental Wet Suit... Everyone Else has... :)

Giggity...

I was diving in Bocas del Toro, Panama a few years ago, and as I was ascending from the dive, I noticed that I'd be surfacing into one of Panama's typical afternoon torrential rain storms. The rain drops pelting the surface looked and sounded like a gravel truck unloading into the water. I literally thought to myself, "I don't want to get out, now. I'll get soaked!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom