Why the SPG is clipped to the hip ring.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont, just don't go the plum smuggler route - not even on casual friday. no friday has ever been that casual.

Thats old news.

The new look is the Borat thong. (Shaving optional)

Exactly - this should have been answered in one post -

"Because the DIR people say so......." :)

There are only so many D-rings to choose to clip-off the SPG...that was my point. 10-15 posts tops. I was just having a bit of fun which is very anti DIR as you know. :D In case that wasn't funny enough I have a redundant joke prepared. :)

Last edited:
There are only so many D-rings to choose to clip-off the SPG...that was my point. 10-15 posts tops. I was just having a bit of fun which is very anti DIR as you know. :D In case that wasn't funny enough I have a redundant joke prepared. :)

Your joke shouldn't just be prepared, it should also be set up and ready to go if needed.

I was just thinking about the setup and I was trying to understand the rationale behind the SPG being clipped to the left hip ring. Can anyone give me why it is done this way I saw some divers clip it to the left shoulder ring with the hose going under the armpit or they tight it to the corrugated hose so they can see it w/o unclipping.

Can someone explain why this particular configuration was chosen ?

Thanks

Exactly - this should have been answered in one post -

"Because the DIR people say so......." :)

The OP asked for rationale, a few people attempted to answer, most didn't. This is the DIR forum, there is no flexibility here. Bill's answer could have ended the thread much earlier. This really is not the place to look for diversity of opinion.

The question seemed interesting, the discussion was as expected.

Good diving, Craig, distinctly not DIR

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom