Maui During X-Mas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schlackerrat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I’m giving my kids a X-Mas present (Scuba Diving Vacation) to Maui this comming season. We leave at 1:10AM on Dec. 25th. I’m planning on telling them, we’re going to midnight mass, but really take them to the airport instead.

Two years ago I got them certified as a X-Mas present. They did their course work intown here, and their open water portion on a vacation to the Florida Keys in late February. We had a great time! But, I learned something about the keys. You almost have to get in a boat to do any diving there. One of my kids, and myself, got alittle sick during the boat ride, but was fine while diving. Afterwords, I wish I would of found a place that was more "shore diving" for a vacation spot. That is why I chose Maui for this vacation.

I have two girls, age 12 and 14. We will be staying in Kihei for 17 nights, and doing alot of shore diving. I found some great information online for some locations, mostly using "Shorediving.com".

I would be interested in hooking up with another family (with kids), wanting to do the same thing, any takers? I would be willing to drive to your location on the island.

Sounds wonderful- would you be open to adopting a 46 yr old?- I'd love to go. You might call Maui Dream Divers and see if they have any locas with kid divers. I would also recommend doing a couple of guided beach dives with MDD or Shanka divers to get you oriantated with some of the good sites. (5 graves- McKenna) I just got back and there are some great sites but a little guiding to get you started will go a long way for a couple of weeks of diving.

Have a wonderful trip! We'll be there at the same time but we'll be diving from a boat instead of shore diving.

You'll find that shorediving.com is an "ok" source for material, but certainly didn't provide great information compared to what you get from locals.

Talk to the folks at Maui Dreams about their buddy book... there may be some local divers that would be looking for someone to go diving with, and for the price of lunch afterwards would give you some great tips for their favourite sites!

My 14 y/o son and I will be in Kihei from Dec 27 - Jan 9 and if your girls are up for diving with a boy, we're game to meet up for a dive or two :wink:

PM me your details if they're interested.

Todd.

My wife and I will be in Maui with our fourteen year old son until the third. We will be staying in Kaanapali. We are more familiar with the sites in West Maui, but are planning on exploring the Kihei area more on this trip.

Feel free to PM us if interested in getting together.

Brad

My wife and I will be in Maui with our fourteen year old son until the third. We will be staying in Kaanapali. We are more familiar with the sites in West Maui, but are planning on exploring the Kihei area more on this trip.
Hi Brad,

Does your son dive, too? I also have a 14 y/o son and he and I both dive and will be staying in Kihei. We're planning on meeting up with schlackerrat while there and if you guys are game, too, let me know.

Todd.

Back
Top Bottom