Question about suit sizing for my tall/skinny self...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SEnsch

Registered
Reaction score
I am currently looking at getting a picasso ghost 5mm suit... however i am not quite sure of the right size to get.

I am kind of tall and skinny, so it seems hard to fit my right size in the sizing chart. I either have to go with a suit that is too short but fits my weight, or get a suit that fits my height but i dont weight enough to fill it...

I am about 6 foot and weight about 140 pounds, so my question is which would be better? a suit that i seem to be too tall for but it fits my weight, or vice versa? one that fits my height fine but im way short of the ideal weight for it...

picassoamerica.com/sizing.php << sizing chart on their site.

I have to get a 48 or a 52, so I don't know which one... Thanks for help.

that's a tough one.. a wetsuit really should fit good to be any good. I see the price of 260 or so for the picasso and then maybe + shipping. A custom fit for will be a bit out of that price range.. but, (and maybe you have) contacted eliossub in italy and see what their custom fit econoline suit would run.. back in the day before the exchange rate was in the euro favor you could have one at your door for $150 u.s... now, I think, $300 or so, even less depending on neoprene.
A suit you're too tall for will kill your crotch, and a suit you're too skinny for will be about as good as no suit at all. So, to waste money on one that doesn't fit, I'd go to fleet farm or similar store and find as close a fitting stearns suit or similar as you can for $60 or so. It will do the same or just about the same as an ill fitting picasso.

Some suit companies make tall or long suits.

For example Yazbeck: Also these off -the-shelf wetsuits now come in 13 different sizes (yes, that&#8217;s THIRTEEN sizes), which are the following: 44 /XXS &#8211; 46/XS &#8211; 48/S &#8211; (48 LONG) &#8211; 50/M &#8211; (50 LONG) &#8211; 52/ML &#8211; (52LONG) &#8211; 54/L &#8211; 56/XL &#8211; 58XXL &#8211; 60XXXL &#8211; 62/XXXXL

Yazbeck Freedive Hunter Wetsuit | Yazbeck Wetsuits

I have a 52L long for sale... Yazbeck freediving wetsuit, 2 piece 5mm w/hood. Tried on once. Size 52/L New $400 - $199 fits about 6' 180 lbs to 6'2 190 lbs

You are way to thin for it, but you might be able to wear one of the next size down models.

Also If you get a suit that will handle your torso length, maybe even if it's still too loose, you may be able to wear a shorty under it, to fill it out.

Chad

Just go all out and get a Tailor Made suit from Elios...
Not a lot more money and always a great fit!

eliossub.com

MIG
:eek:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom