These guys need a new acronym...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This will probably get kicked to the "humor" forum, but hey...most of my friends are HERE!

My dive partner and I recently attended the Diving Unlimited International Dog Days at CSSP. We enjoyed the experience and when we finished our dive and were getting out of the drysuits, a rep handed us each a cap with "DUI, test diver" embroidered on the face, a nice token for testing out one of their suits. Cool! I hadn't anticipated that, and I liked the look of the hat...

until I wore it in public a few times. My family was the first to notice the acronym, and many thought the second line said "test DRIVER". However, it hit me hardest when a guy in a store stopped, looked at the hat and said, "Oh, yeah! I went through that program....right after I got MY ticket."

At that point, I took a razor blade and removed the "I" from the cap. Now, someone will probably comment on my membership to "Ducks Unlimited"!

i hade the samething happen to me but I wore it any way but then it got left at work one night and now its gone:shakehead:

I've been wearing mine for two years now (not continuously) and haven't gotten a single comment.

I was wearing mine from two years ago in a Starbucks. The girl behind the counter said, "I just have to ask - do they buy you a bunch of cheap beer, or what?"

Hey Bill,

You should have removed the "U" from the cap instead of the I!

What, Brad? And be accused of "impersonating a Dive Instructor"? Some of these folks here on the board would keelhaul me for that, for sure!

(It IS a snazzy looking cap, though, isn't it? And I had a great time getting it so I can't just hang it in a closet.)

I've been wearing mine for two years now (not continuously) and haven't gotten a single comment.

....that's yer problem, if you want to generate 'comments' then DO wear it continuously for two years......:)

What, Brad? And be accused of "impersonating a Dive Instructor"? Some of these folks here on the board would keelhaul me for that, for sure!

(It IS a snazzy looking cap, though, isn't it? And I had a great time getting it so I can't just hang it in a closet.)

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of "Drill Instructor".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom