Cruising and I need to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the information. A little over a month to go. Can anyone make time go by a bit quicker?

Parzdiver & Toolbelt I will be on the same ship. I plan on diving Dominica and the Virgin Islands. I too have to spend time with the non diving wife. I do plan to do the wall dive in Dominica and probably the St Thomas trip. Hope to see you two along the way or on the dives. Only about 5 weeks to go!!! Sun Surf Snorkeling and Scuba
Cheers
Rick

Hi
I would recommend Dive Hightide on Barbados, they have a large covered dive boat and cover all the divesites on the Platinum West Coast. Good wreck diving and there are plenty of Hawksbill Turtles and several sites where you will find Seahorses and the illusive Frogfish too. Take a camera for some fantastic Macro.
Visit www.divehightide.com they will collect you from the Cruiseship Terminal and bring you back free of charge. Edwin is in charge of the diving, he is a real character.
Happy diving.

All signed up for Admiralty in St. Thomas, Cane Bay in St. Croix, Pro Divers in St Kitts, the shore ex in Dominica, and Dive Barbados. Warm water diving, can't wait!

I booked St. Thomas and Dominica through RC.

Still haven't made the decision on St Croix and St Kitts. Will be doing at least one, if not two.

Parzdiver & Toolbelt: I'm going cruising there too, and at the same time....except I'm on a Princess ship. Too bad; it would have been fun to meet up with you guys.

Quick question: what goes into your decision whether to go with a cruise ship dive or hook up on your own?

Thanks,
__Ric

As of now RC only offers Shore X on St Thomas and Dominica. They use Dive Dominica, and having dove with them before they are excellent. The St. T Shore X touts wrecks. I really don't get wrecks and would much rather be on any reef/wall. Admiralty in St T said they can accommodate that. Usually we do fine with Shore X dives, but sometimes the other dives may be a little rusty and/or air hogs......or you may be stuck mooing on a cattle boat (St. Martin comes to mind). I'm thinking, with all do respect to the present company, we may do better going off on our own. Hopefully we don't miss the boat!

Have fun!

Tom

Tool Belt couldn't have summed it up better.

Back
Top Bottom