Dry suit type

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for the Fusion.

I pretty much wear it all year round and currently lobster hunt with it. The outer skin can separate from the inner bag for replacement/upgrades.

Very comfortable and very flexible. I have had 50+ dives with it and no wear issues to speak of. Front zip from shoulder to shoulder makes for easy on and off.

Regards Dwayne

I think for my next suit, which will hopefully be very soon, I'll be going for a USIA TechniFlex. It's supposed to be like a tri-lam but with the stretch properties of a neo. My first suit was a USIA and it was amazing, it's just too bad I sent it out to be custom tailored and measured myself without my undergarments, oops!

Billy

I think for my next suit, which will hopefully be very soon, I'll be going for a USIA TechniFlex. It's supposed to be like a tri-lam but with the stretch properties of a neo. My first suit was a USIA and it was amazing, it's just too bad I sent it out to be custom tailored and measured myself without my undergarments, oops!

Billy

I wish you would hurry up and buy one:D. I have yet to meet someone diving a Techniflex. I would like to check it out. I read some good reports on the customer service. I just don't see any in the field.

I wish you would hurry up and buy one:D. I have yet to meet someone diving a Techniflex. I would like to check it out. I read some good reports on the customer service. I just don't see any in the field.

Trust me I wish I was diving one tonight. That's because everyone wants to sell $3K DUI suits. Give the customers the option of buying a $1500 custom fit TechiFlex suit and there goes their cushy profit margins.

Billy

Have you looked at Bare? I dive a compressed neoprene XCD2 Tech drysuit, and it is a very tough suit. But...it is a Cadillac when a Chevy might be perfectly acceptable. In that vein I recommend you check out the Bare Nex-Gen Bi-lams. I rented one last time I was in San Diego, and you know what...it did just fine and you can get one a very reasonable price, less than half what I paid for my XCD2. Besides, you can always sell it and upgrade after you get some drysuit experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom