Kodiak Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pblazer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey All,

So i came across the Kodiak 8/6mm Merino Lined Semi-Dry wetsuit and wanted to know does that 1mm really make that big of a difference? Does the merino lining really make the suit that much warmer? What are your thoughts or opinions about it.

Cheers,
Patrick

I have used both merino lined semi-dry and dry suits and I would say it definitely makes a difference. Whether wet or dry merino is a very good insulator. It takes a bit longer to dry out than man-made fibres but that's just one of life's trade offs. In fact, I have a merino base layer which I have used on its own in warmer (25ish oC) water when other people are in 3mm or shorties.

Rupert

I've been diving a merino lined 7mm wetsuit with great seals that's about as warm as a seal-less 7mm farmer john (which is essentially a 14/7.) This may be due to the seals or it may be due to the lining, but pinnacle makes a good suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom