Schrader Valve for Mares BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetfox

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have a friend's Mares BCD with a leaking low pressure inflator hand piece. I've disassembled the hand piece, cleaned out the sand, and determined that the Schrader valve needs replacement. It is a short tapered design with a light blue plastic end piece. Does anyone know if this valve is simply a standard short valve, or is it a manufacturer specific valve? If the latter, anyone know a source? Thanks.

I would just take it to your local auto parts store. I just replaced one on a LP inflator hose, that's what I did.

Al

Autozone, NAPA, Pep Boys, Advance Auto, K Mart ect

same here. standard Schrader valves used in automobile and motorcycle tyres solve the problem of our leaky Cressi inflators.

I believe some of the Mares low pressure inflators use a larger (larger then a car tire size) schrader valve. IIRC the larger size is used in truck tire valves. It is best to take it along to the auto parts store to compare the sizes.

I believe some of the Mares low pressure inflators use a larger (larger then a car tire size) schrader valve. IIRC the larger size is used in truck tire valves. It is best to take it along to the auto parts store to compare the sizes.

oh yup, you're right. valves used in bike tyres seem to be kinda smaller. though in my case (Cressi Aquapro 5) a standard schrader used in car tyres fit (and worked) perfectly. and to screw it to its place I had to modify a discarded flat-head screwdriver to a fork shaped tool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom