suggestion please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I forgot to mention, i prefer big fish! :cool2:
Sharks,matnas,big tunas etc....dive sites?

About Ao Nang - i heard it is more backpacker place than familiy friendly instead of Phuket,is it right or wrong?

Ao Nang has developed a lot over the last 15 years and it's certainly not the backpacker place anymore that it used to be. It's a GREAT place for a family holiday.
Still, quite a few young people (with backpacks) like to visit Raillay Beach (short boatride from Ao Nang) which offers some very nice rock-climbing and has good beaches with a chilled atmosphere.

I might have said before, Railey has become very popular amongst the younger divers, most comments I've heard this year have been a preference over Phi Phi. Ao Nang has a wide range of hotels for families. Something for everyone.

What about daily diving trips to Similan? It's closer to Phuket i guess?

Can someone recomend some DC on Kata Beach? What kind of tanks are for renting? 12l alu? Din or Int?

Can someone recomend some DC on Kata Beach? What kind of tanks are for renting? 12l alu? Din or Int?

Most dive shops in Thailand use 12 liter alu tanks with Int. fitting.
Adapters for Din regs are readily available at most good DC's.

I forgot to mention, i prefer big fish! :cool2:
Sharks,mantas,big tunas etc....dive sites?

BIG animals are on and off seen at a variety of both day-trip and LOB dive-site destinations. Richelieu Rock, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Hin Daeng, Hin Muang and Racha Noi are probably some of the better sites to come across BIG animals but in reality BIG animals can show up basically anywhere, anytime.
I've seen manta rays at "Bungalow Bay" in Racha Yai and whalesharks at Sharkpoint the King Cruiser Wreck, Patong Bay, on the "Boonsong Wreck" off Khao Lak and at the Phi-Phi islands. You just have to be at the right time at the right place I guess. And dive a helluva lot of course!!!

I might have said before, Railey has become very popular amongst the younger divers, most comments I've heard this year have been a preference over Phi Phi. Ao Nang has a wide range of hotels for families. Something for everyone.
For some reason the people coming here seem to prefer Phuket over Phi Phi.

What are the sea temperatures(in °C) in january and february? Is 3mm enough? What about visibility(in meters)? Are there strong currents? What about home reefs,are they worth to dive on?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom