Rocky Mountain technical diving club?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderjohn

Technical Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am just putting out a feeler to see if there is any interest in some kind of regular forum for those interested in or pursuing technical diving in the Rocky Mountain region.

I ask because there are not a great number of us, as far as I can see, and our opportunities are limited. I think that if we were to communicate regularly about what we are doing and if we are looking for company, things might open up more.

For example, some of us are putting together a trip for this coming April for a private charter to the Oriskany, with people being able to plan and perform dives to their certification levels. If you just go to a normal charter as a technical diver, you are limited by the standard rules of the boat, but with a private charter you can set the rules. We can also work out group rates for helium, etc. Right now we aren't sure how many people we have going and how many additional spots we could make available, but this is the sort of thing we could communicate through this sort of a forum.

Another possible use of the forum is getting practice time with someone working on the same skills you are, either in a pool or local dive site.

Anyway, if you have any interest make a notation here.

John

There are probably a few up in Fort Collins area that may have an interest. I would be one.

I'm interested -- full trimix, full cave, rebreather

Jerry

I'd am interested also. I started down the tech road about 18 months ago, and now that I have much of the equipment, the LDS that was going to bring in a TDI Tech Instructor can't get enough diver interested to have the class. If it doesn't materialize this spring, I'll likely drive north for a class up there. Bottom line, I'm not Tech certified...yet, but would still be interested.

Hello,

I would love to help out and dive with you guys when ever I can.

Some of you know me ..

I have some experience diving wrecks and caves.

I have some extra equipment and am TDI Instructor advnitrox-deco.

Would love to hear about diving to big O also...

Let's GO DIVING :D

Feel free to call or PM me.

Bob Fridell - 970-420-4171

Thanks for the replies. I will try to keep track and see what other steps are in order--maybe all we need to do is make an occasional post.

One of the apparent problems those of us who are into technical diving have is that we don't know all the instructional possibilities in the area. Perhaps we should start a list. I know two near me:

Geroge Watson, UTD, Boulder
Rob Calkins, GUE, Brromfield

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom