suggestion please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kruz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am planning a trip to Thailand with my family. We are looking for some nice family friendly resort. It should be good both for diving and non diving activities. Phuket? Any other suggestion?

What time of year? What kind of budget? Is the whole family diving? Are you experienced divers or looking for mellow diving (which brings in how old are the kids)? Are you looking to LEARN to dive or just dive for fun?

Lot's of details needed for suggestions.

I would recommend Kata Beach. Nice beach, not too busy but a good choice of bars and restaurants.
For the divers: Kata beach is the beach closest to the departure point of the daytrip boats, so the transfers to the boat will take 10-15 minutes only.

What time of year? What kind of budget? Is the whole family diving? Are you experienced divers or looking for mellow diving (which brings in how old are the kids)? Are you looking to LEARN to dive or just dive for fun?

Lot's of details needed for suggestions.

Sorry i didn't put details :D
Ok,january 2011. that's the plan. I know it's too early but we have to plan the trip. Daughter will be 3 and a half years at that time. I am experienced diver,wife didn't dive much since the born of daughter. Budget? Mid.
Thanx for help.

I would recommend Kata Beach. Nice beach, not too busy but a good choice of bars and restaurants.
For the divers: Kata beach is the beach closest to the departure point of the daytrip boats, so the transfers to the boat will take 10-15 minutes only.

Where is Kata Beach? Phuket island?

I agree with Stevenl.
If you're coming to Phuket then Kata Beach is a great place to stay with your family.
Two other nice family areas are Ao Nang in Krabi Province and Khao Lak in Phanga Province.

If we decide to stay in some of Kata Beach resorts,we would like to do some trips to Phi Phi and other islands,is it too far or is better to stay somewhere in Ao Nang??

You can do all your Phi Phi diving in comfort from Ao Nang. We visit all sites in Phi Phi as well as Shark Point and Koh Haa Yai on a regular basis. Local island diving also makes for a good choice when you want to do a half day out. Ao Nang has a good range of accommodation on price and location.

Ok,sorry guys i have more questions :D
Similans?? Are there daily trips to Similans?? I supose only from Phuket, Ao Nang is too far?
About Ao Nang - i heard it is more backpacker place than familiy friendly instead of Phuket,is it right or wrong?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom