Yet another how's the weather question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbs

Contributor
Reaction score
Heading to Little Cayman this weekend and I made the mistake of checking weather.com. According to them it looks like thunder showers for the first half of the week! Is there something brewing down there?

Yea, I was definitely relieved to see no hurricane activity, but was a bit concerned over the forecast of thunder showers. Hopefully they will skip around Little Cayman!

We've had a front drop down from the Gulf of Mexico and become somewhat stationary over the past few days. This has brought lots of rain and some impressive lightning and thunder throughout all the Cayman Islands. We had 6+ inches of rain in one day in George Town this week.

'Tis the season for an occasional heavy rain, but thunderstorms are somewhat more rare around here. We just don't have enough land mass to heat the air and cause the updrafts that kick off thunderstorms like in central Florida.

This morning (Thursday) I see lots of blue skies and the more normal white cumulus clouds wafting by. Still there is probably the normal 20% chance of heavy isolated showers. That is normal for this time of year.

I hope you're right!! I will be arriving in George Town Tuesday morning on a cruise ship and will be heading over to Eden Rock. Here's hoping full clear skies!

I hope you're right!! I will be arriving in George Town Tuesday morning on a cruise ship and will be heading over to Eden Rock. Here's hoping full clear skies!

I'm with you cbpraigg! Positive karma!

A rainy day in the Cayman is still wonderful.

A rainy day in the Cayman is still wonderful.

Yes it is. Two years ago we did the Stingray City dive and it was almost as much interest to watch the rain hitting the surface and seeing the lightning flashes as it was to play with the rays.

Oh I don't mind a little rain, I just don't want to miss out on the sites at Bloody Bay if the sea is too rough!

Update - We had one really stormy day the whole week, otherwise mostly sunny... And on the stormy day it just delayed us 10 minutes getting out the pass and we still found a smooth site out on Bloody Bay! Great week, great diving.

Back
Top Bottom