Neck and Wrist Seal Size vs Rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveR1952

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a Whites Fusion brand new. The neck and wrist seals (latex) are way way too tight and I need to trim them before I dive the suit.

Any idea how the seal rings correspond to next or wrist diameter? My neck is a 16.5 and wrists are a tad over 7 inches.

I have heard that they will stretch but I need to cut them pretty close or I can't use the suit.

I hate to just starting cutting without some kind of general idea.

Thanks

They may stretch a bit - yes, start by checking out a video on our website....

fusion_webpage Faq

try on the seal - if it is uncomfortably tight, take one seal off, still too tight, repeat etc, until you find a diameter that you can dive with, without passing out under water.

Good Luck

Tyler

Never hurts to ask in different places on forums since not everyone reads all the threads.

I guess my answer is No, there is no standard to the rings on the seals. Seems odd and also strange that with so many folks with seals that no one has established a rough estimate for how many rings equals so many inches.

Thanks for the replies....I continue to search for this information.

They may stretch a bit - yes, start by checking out a video on our website....

fusion_webpage Faq

try on the seal - if it is uncomfortably tight, take one seal off, still too tight, repeat etc, until you find a diameter that you can dive with, without passing out under water.

Good Luck

Tyler

THANK YOU!

This is exactly what I was looking for. I plan on being VERY conservative with the rings to make sure I don't cut too many and to account for some stretching over time.

Back
Top Bottom