New Halcyon Infinity MC System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whodunit68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Several weeks ago, I was at Dutch Springs (for those who don't know it, it is our local quarry) at Halcyon Demo Days. I had a chance to check out the new system. It is a pretty clever design that lets the D-rings and canister light to stay in one spot while the harness is adjusted. Here is a link to the system @ Dive Seekers, the local shop who sponsored Halcyon Demo days and with whom I currently train:
Halcyon Infinity MC Systems HIS *Buy Halcyon at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47. I'm also starring in the video (surprise to me!).
I enjoyed the relative ease in slipping in and especially out of the harness after a dive. It's simply easier.

Fear not, existing Halcyon BP/W aficionados, you can upgrade your existing system rather than purchase an entire new system. Check the guys @ DiveSeekers out - they've been a great help to me many times over.

I'd be glad to answer questions about my short experience (and remember it was several weeks ago) but I don't have a ton of detail about it. Ask the guys @ DS - Wayne or Jay will take good care of you.

How come the Halcyon site says they are not available till November but your store says they are shipping now?
Infinity BC System | Halcyon Dive Systems

Hi Rec2Tek,

We set up the site for orders, first come first serve. We will be receiving our first batch within the next two weeks or possibly sooner.

Orders are already coming in for complete Infinity BC Systems and Infinity Upgrades for exhisting Halcyon BC Systems that are out there.

Please let us know if you have any questions, we would be happy to answer them for you.

Cheers

From a teaching/rental point of view I'd much rather see a quick adjust crotch strap.

I just ordered one for the BP I use with my drysuit--getting into and out of the harness with the bulk, shoulder dump, and Zip gloves, plus having to occasionally de-kit in the water, seems like the perfect application.

How much of the padding can be eliminated while still retaining the easy adjustability?

Henrik

How much of the padding can be eliminated while still retaining the easy adjustability?

Henrik

All of it, I believe.

The padded shoulder straps and storage pouch are separate from the Cinch package. I didn't see any point in them either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom